Website IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Salt Lake City
- Grade: Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
Job Overview: Under the direction of the Health Program Manager, the Health Promotion Program Coordinator will oversee all refugee health education initiatives including navigating the healthcare system workshops and classes, Health Promotion and prevention projects and community health mentor programs, and health team community outreach efforts. Additionally, the Coordinator will provide supervision and oversight to several Health Promotion Specialists, Assistant and interns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee and coordinate activities outlined under ORR Health Promotion Grant
· Develop and update program curricula
· Research and develop health promotion strategies (video content, mass messaging, etc.)
· Track outcomes, analyze data, and provide recommendations for program improvement
· Conduct outreach. Maintain and cultivate partnerships
· Coordinate refugee health clinics
· Oversee community health mentor program
· Oversee Children’s Health Class program
· Supervise and mentor 2 Health Promotion Assistants
· Supervise, mentor and support 1-3 Health Promotion Interns per semester
· Provide transportation to/from medical and health appointments for IRC Resettlement Clients
· Comply with all policies and protocols of the agency
· Support overall functioning of Health Programs, projects and initiatives
· Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities
· Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health promotion, public health, social work or related field of study preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in human services field required; minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Experience in health education/administration, preferably with diverse/refugee population
- Familiar Refugee health needs/issues strongly preferred
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Flex schedule, ability to ‘adjust’ hours to meet programmatic needs
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.