- Khartoum, Sudan
- Oct 2, 2022
Danish Refugee Council
HR & Admin Internship
Danish Refugee Council
Apply By: 02-10-2022
This role has an area focus and responsible for performing specific HR & Admin functions. Works closely with HR/Admin Team, with overall guidance of HR/Admin Manager. S/he provides human resource and administrative support to DRC Sudan Khartoum office employees.
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with HR policies as per DRC HR policies and guidelines.
- Assist staff leave management and tracking system from DYN records.
- Assist in preparing employment contracts, temporary contracts as well as casual contracts and make sure that concerned parties signed off, ensure that each contract has the relevant attached documents and annexes.
- Update employee contract tracker, and employee file tracker on a regular basis.
- Assist HR & Admin induction/orientation of new employees.
- Administer the collation of performance management documentation.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning catalogue
- Store and maintain HR and Admin unit documents (hardcopy and softcopy) and trackers including personnel files, leave trackers, staff contact lists, insurance registration etc.
- Support recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings, reviewing resumes and interviews arrangement;
- Support the Human Resources unit for day-to-day activities.
- Assist administrative functions internally and externally – suppliers, hotels, etc.
- Assist that DRC office equipment (power, telephone, water etc.) and are in good condition including necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Update monthly maintenance tracking sheets on regular basis.
- Assist processing and payments of monthly utilities for both office and guesthouse.
- Update the monthly invoice tracking sheets on regular basis.
- Organize and provide support to workshops.
- Assist issuing DRC ID cards and insurance cards to new employees.
- Raise PR (Purchase Requisition) and Cash Advance on DRC Dynamics or using the paper based advance system – as required.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or non-profit management/administrative fields;
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet applications (email)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Diploma in Business Administration/Human Resource or equivalent professional qualification
- Post-graduate degree in HRM, Business Management, or a related field, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Tagged as: HR and Admin
To apply for this job please visit drc.ngo.
- List colleges registered by Nacte in Tanzania
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Director, Air Navigation Bureau, D2
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Refugee Legal Aid Program (RLAP) Remote Legal Support Senior…
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- National Operations Officer (Transitional Plan and…