Website Anglo American
Human Resources Officer
Anglo American Steelmaking Coal
Steelmaking coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate five steelmaking coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, and have additional joint venture interests in steelmaking coal and manganese, as well as copper exploration projects underway in North West Queensland and Western Australia.
We are seeking a passionate, relationship-driven HR Officer to join our HR team based at our Capcoal Surface Operations in Middlemount.
This fast paced and dynamic position is based on site where you will support the mine’s Human Resources Business Partnering portfolio.
This includes provision of both corporate and site Human Resources systems, processes, and services across the full employment lifecycle in this true “hands on” Human Resources generalist role.
This role will be rewarding, varied and you will be required to:
- Build and foster collaborative relationships whilst managing the Human Resources plans and key performance indicators
- Support line leaders with advice across a broad spectrum of areas including recruitment, employee relations, HR metrics, and development
- Drive Recruitment campaigns
- Provide support to employees and managers with general HR and payroll enquiries and resolves issues and problems
- Provide support with industrial and employee relations, Unions and Employee Representatives
Key to your success in this role will be your:
- Proven experience in a HR Generalist/Business Partnership role
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or working towards
- Exposure to employee relations and case management experience
- Exceptional social and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate to influence and achieve stakeholder engagement
- Resilient nature, openness for change and demonstrated ability to drive best practice
- Full-time, permanent position
- Monday – Friday roster
- Residential, DIDO, FIFO (Salary Sacrifice)
- Subsidised accommodation available
- Competitive remuneration package & annual incentive scheme
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
13 NOVEMBER 2022
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Steelmaking Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.
To apply for this job please visit www.angloamerican.com.