- Full Time
- New York, United States of America
- Oct 1, 2022
United Nations Children's Fund
Human Resources Specialist
Apply By: 01-10-2022
Under the guidance and direction of the Chief HRBP, the Human Resources Specialist supports the efficient delivery of human resources in PPD. He/She will contribute to implementing a strategic approach to staffing including by identifying and quickly deploying diverse talent of the highest caliber. This will positively impact the implementation of UNICEF’s Medium Term Strategic Plan and Strengthening Humanitarian Action initiatives.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Recruitment, selection, and placement:
- Recruitment and retention of diverse staff of the highest caliber, including staff with specialized talent aligned with priorities included in the medium-Term Strategic Plan (MTSP).
- Strategically support timely recruitments and staffing by advertising, shortlisting, and coordinating with clients.
- Contribute to implementing a strategic approach to staffing.
- Proactively coordinate with Regional and Country Offices with a view to identifying their needs and appropriate solutions.
- Prepare all documentation for recruitments and ensure quality control of documentation.
Contribute to developing talent groups:
- Provide technical advice, guidance, and support to clients on recruitments.
- Continuous support to clients by identification of their needs, the Organizational gaps and solutions.
- Equity, transparency, efficiency, and consistency are established in the recruitment of staff, and the measurable results and impacts of recruiting efforts of the Section are fully evaluated.
- Continuous analysis of diversity status, including gender and provide strategic support to increase diversity and identification of solutions or mitigating measures.
- Provide Human Resources and career advice and guidance to candidates
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators
- Provide oversight and advice on recruitments.
Policy, Advice, and Implementation:
- Equity, transparency, and consistency are clearly demonstrated in the interpretation, implementation and administration of HR policy, procedures, and guidelines on HR
- Participate in the review of different policies affecting staff in emergencies.
- Develop SOPs, guidelines and continuously review processes to ensure effective and efficient HR delivery
- Contribute to identifying needs, map talent and identify gaps and contribute to strategic workforce planning
- Contribute to mapping internal skills and contribute to strategic workforce planning
- Contribute to strengthening HR capacities in Emergencies
- Contribute to strengthening leadership and national capacity in Emergencies
- Contribute to strengthening capacity building and career development.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University (Master’s) Degree in Human resource management, Business Administration, International Relations, or related areas.
- A minimum of five (5) or relevant experience. Developing country experience is required. Extensive experience on emergencies is highly desirable. Background/familiarity with human resources in emergencies is required. Ability and willingness to travel to emergency countries.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of an additional UN language (especially French and/or Arabic) is an asset.
Tagged as: HR and Admin
To apply for this job please visit %20https.
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Evidence to Making Decision Expert Consultant
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Quality, Training and Capacity Building Manager - Erbil
- Senior Health Coordinator (SHC)
- Emergency Roster: Country Director
- Emergency Roster: Country Director