Save the Children
LOCATION: Amman Jordan, or a country office in the MENAEE Region
The fundamental objective of this role is to provide strategic direction and leadership to the broader Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA) approach across the MENAEE region in 2023. The 2022 MENAEE HCB approach builds on the core elements of the 2022 to 2024 Country Office (CO) Country Strategic Plans (CSPs), in addition to incorporating significant elements of the Global CSP – in particular the enablers related to partnering at a more strategic level, the shifting of power through enhanced localiszation and the increased emphasis on advocacy campaigns and mobilization. The post holder will manage a small regional team, and ensure strong collaboration and coordination with COs across the region, across key functions in the Regional Office (RO) and at a global level through main counterparts in the HLA.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* A Bachelors Degree in a related field.
* 7-10 years of relevant experience.
* Fluent English written and spoken , Arabic language skills a distinct plus
* Strong understanding of the MENAEEcontext and dynamics, including field experience and good awareness of humanitarian issues in the region
* Strategic mind-set and approach with experience at working at senior levels within an organisation
* Strong partnership working and influencing skills, including experience of developing partnerships with Universities, external organisations and leading strategic workstreams
* Excellent programme management and organisational skills gained through managing complex cross-organisational projects
* A strong understanding of adult learning and work-place learning methodology
* Public speaking and training facilitation experience
* Capacity to work independently and be proactive
* Experience in developing new capacity building programmes, including overseeing writing of content
* A good understanding of monitoring and evaluating approaches and methodologies
* Experience of people development approaches and excellent facilitation and training skills
* Experience of managing teams and individuals, including recruitment and selection processes
* Budgeting, financial management skills gained through budget-holding responsibilities
* Experience in a humanitarian programme and broad understanding of humanitarian issues, international relations and the international humanitarian system
* Problem solving, negotiation and contracting skills
* Ability to communicate ideas clearly and influence at a senior level
* Coaching/mentoring skills
* Opportunistic – able to spot the potential to build capacity in an emergency context
* Advocacy and networking skills
* Ability to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice and to remote and insecure locations
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtoYS40OTc2Ny4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.