Website Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
NRC’s representation in Brussels was established in 2005 in order to strengthen the existing relationship between NRC and the European Union. NRC Europe’s main role is to support NRC’s country programmes in their collaboration with the EU institutions by improving communication with EU and Member States donors, and by providing evidenced based policy analysis on issues affecting refugees and displaced persons to decision makers in the EU.
NRC Europe is responsible for NRC’s relationship with the following donors: DG ECHO, DG INTPA, DG NEAR, France (AFD and French MFA), The Netherlands (MinBuZa), Belgium, EFTA-FMO, Grand Duché du Luxembourg, Spain, Ireland and Italy.
- Role and responsibilities
- Assist the Senior EU Partnership Advisers, the Institutional Partnership Coordinator by identifying funding opportunities from selected European donors, contributing to the preparation and organisation of strategic meetings at EU or European capitals levels and provide support in internal communications with other departments of NRC.
- Assist the Finance and admin Manager on administrative tasks including accounting support, procurement, archiving and logistics arrangements.
- Partnership tasks (50%) :
- Support the advisers by monitoring updates on EU institutions and Member States’ strategic donors, including press-releases and official communications/publications and preparing notes and briefings to facilitate the advisors’ role;
- Monitor and track funding opportunities from EU and Member States donors and identify relevant opportunities for NRC to be shared with country offices or head office;
- Assisting in analysing EU and Member States donors calls for proposals and reference guidelines to develop tools and update donors’ rules and regulations databases.
- Monitor EU institutions grant management systems for release of HIPs and funding opportunities, tracking notifications received by NRC and actions taken to respond for prompt follow up with country offices and analysis.
- Research and analyse funding trends, policies and priorities from EU and Member States donors, and share information internally within NRC, in the frame of donor mapping, for instance.
- Attend relevant internal meetings and meetings organised by the EU, Member States and NGOs as needed and draft minutes to share with the team.
- Assist in arranging and preparing meetings in Brussels and European capitals for visiting field-based colleagues, including contacting EU and Member States’ officials, conducting research on EU policies or funding strategies towards those countries and drafting briefing notes, especially in the framework of fundraising tours.
- Provide inputs from the partnership department into NRC online platform (workplace) and assist on drafting internal communications on rules and regulations to country offices.
- Support the advisers in preparing capacity building materials and delivering online training/orientation sessions.
- Other ad-hoc administrative support needed (organisation of trips, trainings, events, surveys…).
- Administrative tasks (50%):
- Ensure compliance with regulations for procurement and record-keeping.
- Assist with facility management matters, including liaison with the building manager
- Order and maintain office and kitchen supplies,
- Support the finance and admin manager to Coordinate repairs to office equipment, building maintenance requests, and act as liaison with building management
- Book conference calls, meeting rooms, hotels, restaurant reservations etc.
- Provide logistical support for internal and external events and meetings
- Support the Finance and admin manager to Develop and maintain computer and manual filling systems using intranet filing system according to the NRC filing tree, monitoring accurate placement and ensure staff access to e-copies of NRC policies and procedures
- Draft routine correspondence, as needed
- Maintain up to date asset list/inventory of all purchased non-consumable materials, with the supervision of the finance and admin manager
- Administrate office keys, NRC ID cards, and other processes or systems connected to office facilities
- Keep the team Calendar updated.
- Assist with the onboarding and installation of new staff members including office, furniture, telephone as well as providing information on key administrative procedures.
- Support the Finance manager to maintain and keep up to date any personnel related lists, including the staff address, telephone and next-of-kin register
- Assist on the admin manager to collect and update the personal data mapping.
- Assist with any other relevant duties assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager as and when required.
- Handle sensitive Information in a confidential manner
Generic profile and professional competencies:
- A university student currently enrolled in a relevant field such as Law, International Relations, European Affairs, or some related equivalent experience.
- Any knowledge, certificate on Business administration could be an asset.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other EU languages (French and Dutch in particular) is an asset
- A rigorous and structured person with good analytical and administrative skills, including computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Context/Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and EU donors is an asset
- Interest in refugee and/or humanitarian issues
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interest and or experience in finance could be an asset.
- Multi-tasking and ability to juggle and prioritise diverse tasks
- Organizational skills including the ability to multitasking, prioritizing and working efficiently with limited supervision
- Comfortable in a multicultural professional and/or NGO environment
- Commitment to humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence
We can offer :
- Contract: Belgian “Social immersion professional contract” (Bruxelles formation) meal cheques and transport allowance included.
- Contract period: July – December 2022 (maximum 6 months)
- Deadline for applications: 02/06/2022
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
- NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Place of work: NRC Europe, Rue de la Loi, 42, Brussels, Belgium
Please apply online sending:
- a full CV;
- a motivation letter, including a description of the background relevant to this post
Contact person: Hajar El Rhouati ([email protected])
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.