- Full Time
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 24 sections, 25 associations and other offices together. Registered in Switzerland, MSF International provides coordination, information, and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
- The MSF International finance team organizes and coordinates the combination of the annual accounts of 46 different MSF entities. It is responsible for preparing the combined financial statements of the MSF movement (the “International Combined Accounts” (ICA) ). The ICA must be prepared and audited within very tight deadlines.
- The team follows a very precise and tight workplan to produce the ICA. Responsibilities are clearly delineated across team members. The expected workload for the 2022 ICA exceeds the current capacity of the team. MSF International is therefore looking to recruit an additional Officer to ensure that the combination of the 2022 accounts can be done in compliance with established standards and deadlines.
Place In The Organisation:
- The International Combined Accounts Officer is a member of the International Finance Team of MSF International. He/she reports to Senior International Finance Officer and works closely with staff in all MSF entities and with the auditors.
Objectives Of The Position:
- The purpose of the position of international combined accounts officer is to make sure that all required steps and processes are undertaken in a timely manner, efficiently, effectively and in close collaboration with MSF entities.
Contribute to the preparation of the International Financial Report:
- Provide direct support to reporting entities to ensure that they are able to produce the expected information within the agreed timelines,
- Review and assess the quality of the information provided by the entities in the financial system and outside the financial system,
- Prepare all necessary adjusting entries once the information fulfils the required quality standards,
- Ensure that the entries are properly documented,
- Update all necessary scheduled and tables as the work progresses,
- Escalate issues concerning any lack of compliance, weaknesses, or problems to the SIFO,
- Contribute to a report on results and lessons learned at the end of the process.
Support the audit of the International Financial Report:
- Ensure the right level of documentation on the combination process: provide supporting documents of adjustments, PBC list and pf the financial report notes and annexes.
- Provide information directly or seek additional information from entities to respond to audit queries
- Prepare any analysis as requested by the international auditors,
- Escalate issues to the SIFO to ensure prompt resolution.
Additional responsibilities and activities:
- Participate actively in the IO and MSF topical debates by attending information meetings and discussions,
- Provide other support to the International Finance Team as required.
- Commitment to the Charter of Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Capacity to work autonomously.
- At least four years relevant finance experience, with exposure to accounting consolidation.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CMA, or equivalent.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish and/or French an asset.
- A great liking of IT tools and highly computer literate.
- Excellent command of Excel.
- Ability to learn & master quickly new tools (including SAP BOFC).
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Flexible and solutions orientated.
Tagged as: Accounts and Finance
- How To Use Google Indexing API In Blogger Or WordPress In…Avis challenge pecunia [Ecom French Touch Affiliation]Avis challenge pecunia [Ecom French...
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Deputy Director, Languages and Publications, D
- ENDLINE STUDY AND FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION of the…
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- UNDOC National Project Officer
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems