Website Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
The Customs Service under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan with support of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe established the Training Centre designated for promoting skills and knowledge of customs officers in variety of area. The Customs trends are constantly changing adapting to new realities, particularly after COVID-19 period requiring more co-operation among customs services and new skills. The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe agreed with the Customs Service to further enhance capacities of the Training Centre and develop relevant training modules based on needs of the Customs Service and its staff. In this regard, currently, it is needed to conduct needs assessment of the Customs Service to provide relevant recommendations for further actions.
Objective of Assignment:
The POiD is planning to hire an international expert in the field of customs to conduct needs assessment of the Customs Service on capacities of customs office.
Duration of Assignment:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Economic Officer of the POiD, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Meeting with the Customs Service and further discuss planned activities for the needs assessment, consider remarks of the Customs Service;
- Conduct meetings with other relevant institutions, agencies and organizations to identify key finding for the needs assessment contribution;
- Consider National Strategy on Customs and international commitments of the Republic of Tajikistan for assessment and provision of recommendations;
- Evaluate current status of capacities of the customs officers, in line with current trends and international commitments by using required tools;
- Provide recommendations for trainings modules and trainings with topics with brief justification and explanation, based on key findings (topics should include both professional and competency skills);
- Provide recommendation on development of capacities of the Training Centre under the Custom Service;
Note: The work will be performed remotely.
- Needs assessment is conducted outlining current status of the Customs Service;
- List of trainings modules and trainings is shared with the OSCE;
- Submitting report on work done related assignment, comprising of detailing activities undertaken and outlining progress achieved in relation to the objectives of assignment, also stating challenges and constraints.
- University degree in economics, economic development, trade and related area;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of trade and/or customs;
- Good knowledge of current trade and customs trends, international customs commitments and procedures;
- Working experience in state institutions responsible for custom procedures is a strong asset;
- Experience conducting of customs trainings is an asset;
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written. Knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.osce.org.