At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
To better reflect this, ‘The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.’ is our new promise to our people.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
You’ll be part of a growing global tax team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Within our International Corporate Tax Advisory (ICTA) team, we cover everything from developing a fit-for purpose legal, financing and global operational structure, capitalization and repatriation issues and managing the client’s cross-border tax exposure — from forward planning, through implementation, to post-implementation maintenance support.
We assist clients with their investment into Thailand from designing their business structure or performing feasibility study on their proposed business model, tax incentives and implementing the same to advising on their on-going operational tax issues as well as exit strategies and the implementation thereof. We also assist clients with their investment outside Thailand by working closely with other EY offices around the world. We help clients define the right tax strategies and operational structures to stay competitive and support their global footprint.
You will have opportunity to work in a dynamic, international environment and be closely connected with EY offices around the globe.
Your key responsibilities
You will spend most of your time managing the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence. Building and maintaining relationships with our clients and providing high levels of client service. We will also look to you for spotting opportunities and involving colleagues to help us continuously develop our commercial proposition to our clients. Assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Law, Finance, Accounting or Auditing
- Master’s degree in any field related to Taxation is advantageous but not mandatory
- Excellent Thai and English verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player with keen interest to learn
Ideally, you’ll also have
- At least 2 – 5 years of relevant experience for consultant role with a focus on tax advisory in another international accounting/consulting firm with the following areas:
- Coordinating cross-border tax advisory projects, including restructuring and holding company review projects with a global focus (inbound into Thailand as well as outbound from Thailand)
- Assisting with complex cross-border structuring projects for global MNCs and Thai-based companies
- Reviewing and identifying tax issues such as the taxation of foreign income, tax treaty interpretations, permanent establishment and withholding tax implications
- Assisting managers on project development, client pursuit initiatives and the management of priority accounts
- Researching on major tax developments, avoidance of double taxation agreements, tax circulars and tax incentives
- Expose to the tax regimes of Asia Pacific countries
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Ability to work in multicultural teams
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.