Salary- £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
13 month fixed term contract
ShelterBox has a growing network of international supporters who connect with the organisation through our affiliates. ShelterBox is fortunate to have 14 affiliates who are directly helping ShelterBox achieve our strategic objective of international diversified funding. Affiliates share our mission and consequently raise awareness and funding to support the organisation. Collectively they contribute greatly to engaging with and a global community of supporters. We raise a significant proportion of ShelterBox’s total income through our affiliate network.
The purpose of the International Giving Officer role is: to support the management of affiliate relationships with SBT by providing a focal point for day-to-day dialogue; to share information and resources effectively across the network; and to develop collaborative working relationships which enhance our supporter experience.
This role will empower the international network by providing materials, information and content which is key to achieving a consistent brand and fundraising success. The role will also help to bring this community together with a series of meetings throughout the year, not least the annual International Fundraising Conference attended by key personnel from the fundraising network, strategic partnerships and UK staff.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking an inspiring and proactive relationship builder who can join the International Giving team on a fixed term contract for 13 months to cover a member of staff on sabbatical. They will be the focal point for providing support to many of our international fundraising staff and volunteers, with a high level of attention to detail and supporter-centric best practice. They should be confident in managing multiple projects simultaneously and working with a broad set of objectives associated with fundraising and communications. We are looking for someone who can also help deliver our Rotary partnership strategy by bringing together our international fundraisers at key Rotary events through the year.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Helping the International Giving team to execute the strategy for growing diversified international income by developing the affiliate network
- Leading on key day-to-day relationships with specific affiliate staff and volunteers
- Supporting delivery of the international Rotary engagement strategy, in collaboration with the Rotary Partnership Manager
- Supporting the successful delivery of international conferences where we can engage with our international supporters
- Communicating clear guidance on shared global fundraising priorities, drawing on data and insight to optimise results
- Maintaining contact with international supporters outside of the affiliate network and ensuring appropriate supporter care processes are in place
- Overseeing the translation of key communications into languages required by affiliates – language skills desirable but not essential
- Proactively identifying growth opportunities and promoting these across the international network
- Connecting affiliates with programmatic information to inform supporter engagement
- Supporting enhanced communications with affiliates during times of major disaster
- Assisting with the creation of international subtitles for videos created by the Brand & Content Team
- Facilitating consistent application of the joint ShelterBox and Rotary brand guidelines.
- Leading the design and delivery of the annual International Fundraising Conference.
- Travelling internationally on a regular basis to fundraising events or meetings with affiliates
- Maintaining an up-to-date contact list for affiliates together with records of reports, meetings and plans
- Maintaining an up-to-date record of correspondence, meeting minutes and actions taken
- Assisting with regular income forecast reviews and delivery of associated KPIs
- Liaising with Finance to facilitate the receipt of grants from Affiliates and any other fund transfers
- Other administrative duties that may be required by the team from time to time.
How to apply
If you are interested, please follow the link to our jobs page
To apply for this job please visit shelterbox.org.