Requisition ID: req35167
Job Title: Interpreter II
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Charlottesville (EURITA), VA, USA
Job Overview: The Interpreter provides accurate, impartial, and confidential in-person and/or remote interpretation to IRC staff serving Limited English Proficient (LEP) individuals. Activities include providing professional interpretation services, use of software to track assignments, and occasional trainings and assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to IRC staff serving LEP individuals at the IRC office as well as external locations such as client homes, hospitals, schools, employment locations and government agencies. Services may be rendered in-person, via telephone, videoconference, or other virtual means.
- Track assignments and work hours within designated software.
- Participate in trainings and assessments.
- Translate simple documents and messages for staff.
- May support special projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma strongly preferred.
- Candidates will be required to complete IRC’s online training for Community Interpreters within two weeks of hire.
- Relevant professional interpretation experience preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Language proficiency, spoken and written in both Pashtu and Dari required, based on administered proficiency test.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Cultural sensitivity: ability to build trust with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Reliable transportation to appointment locations.
- A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.