- Full Time
- dakar, Senegal
- Oct 6, 2022
World Bank Group
World Bank Group
Apply By: 06-10-2022
IFC a member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Department is seeking an Investment Officer for its services and manufacturing operations in Africa to be based in Dakar or in Nairobi. She/he will report to the Manager –Services for Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities in the Manufacturing & Services sectors through proactive origination/business development and developing and employing sector/country knowledge. Main geographical focus is Francophone Africa hence French is a required language and eventually position should be based in Dakar.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional clients, businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Conduct upstream work to enhance business enabling environment of selected sector/country collaborating with World Bank, IFC Upstream and Advisory and other development partners, to create medium/long-term investment opportunities for IFC (“IFC 3.0”).
- As team leader and sector investment specialist, evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, as necessary.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions.
- Lead term sheet negotiation/legal documentation process; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in straightforward and complex transactions.
- Mentor and develop junior staff.
- Assist in the formulation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s strategy in the services and manufacturing in Africa region, working with IFC’s industry and regional departments and in close coordination with the World Bank.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, governance, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- At least 8-12 years of experience in corporate and/or project finance with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments.
- Excellent financial, credit and equity skills; demonstrated ability to creatively structure a variety of complex debt and equity instruments.
- Expertise in the general services (i.e. tourism, retail, properties, health, education) and manufacturing industries. Experience in Africa will be a plus.
- Proactiveness, strong business development and client relationship skills, and ability to focus on client needs effectively.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners, as well as senior government officials.
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and investment opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Portuguese will be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Team player. Ability to work sensitively and effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Willing to travel to various regions in Africa (as long as safety standards are met based on the World Bank Group standards).
- Strong passion in sustainable economic development.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong research and quantitative skills.
Tagged as: IT and ICT
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Senior Economist/Senior Public Sector Specialist (Tax) -…
- Investment Officer
- South Africans aren’t paying for municipal services
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- Officer, Equality and Rights for All, Ethiopia