World Bank Group
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
WBG Finance (ITSFI) is responsible for providing high quality, streamlined information and technology solutions for the World Bank’s Financial & HR services, which include Human Resources, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Controls, Treasury, Loans, Accounting, and Concessional finance (handling donor contributions from inception to the point of final disbursement, including IDA, Financial Intermediary Funds and Trust Funds). ITSFI is additionally responsible for building its IT services using a shared platform that provides scale, leverage, reliability, and control while at the same time improving responsiveness to emerging business needs. The ITSFI team is accountable for the implementation of the ITS Strategy supporting WBG core finance business processes.
As a unit within the Finance ITS (ITSFI), ITSBG provides distinct and sophisticated financial solutions support to the operation of the World Bank Group Finance & Accounting, Development Finance, Treasury, and Global Climate Change Vice presidencies.
ITSBG is seeking an IT Analyst, Business Solutions with strong business, analytical and technical skills to work with internal clients to identify business requirements, prioritize based on business needs and other ongoing projects, avoid overlaps across projects and provide coordination to the project teams as needed. We are looking for a highly motivated and versatile candidate who can demonstrate attention to detail and who can connect with nontechnical clients. The candidate requires strong theoretical background and significant experience in information technology, banking or investment operation, good requirements collection and interviewing capabilities, strong analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered information, and high proficiency in the development of business/technical requirements documentation for medium to large-scale information systems.
- Lead a technical team, provide technical and architectural guidance to the team to design and develop applications for various line of business within ITSBG portfolio like Corporate procurement, GCS, WFA and HR.
- Work closely with PMO team for preparing project documents, project review meetings and project approvals.
- Guide the development team to create project and application architecture results / artifacts in line with WBG EA reference architecture, guiding principles, standards, and methodologies.
- Work closely with WBG ERP transformation team for the transformation of WBG ERP’s Materials management module and other procurement and commitment related modules.
- Stays abreast of recent technologies, market trends, experiments with new tools and emerging solutions that is in line with organization’s strategic goals.
- Define and validate non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing clear traceability with requirements and application architecture/design.
- Work closely with Infrastructure teams e.g., Windows, Web Administration, Network Operations, Infrastructure Platforms, Mobility, Database, Security Administration to define deployment architecture and capacity planning for any unique environment / Landscape and any critical issue resolution.
- Work closely with WBG fiduciary teams e.g., Enterprise Architecture (EA), Office of the Information Security (OIS) during various stages of software development and act as a liaison for various development teams.
- Provide technical support and guidance to day-to-day production issues that involves coordination with multiple ITS teams and form a swat team to resolve issues quickly based on problem criticality.
- Plans, organizes and executes testing comprising of Integration testing, Interface testing, Stress/load testing and regression testing to integrate new applications into the installed base of existing infrastructure. Oversees acceptance testing and ensures application technical meets specifications.
- Establishes systems to supervise the operating efficiency of existing application systems and arrange for proactive maintenance.
- Create detailed project plans to supervise technical requirements across distinct functions.
- Help the development team to solve any production issue relevant to the application and provide guidance to debug and resolve the issue.
- Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from standard methodologies.
- Exhibits high level of professional flexibility and volunteers for innovation and new insights.
- Lead large projects that have impact across multiple areas/LoBs.
- Coordination with off-site counter parts on various responsibilities that are listed above with flexible shift timings.
- Coordinates efforts during system implementation and support of COTs solutions.
- Play a key role in leading, managing, and delivering on project objectives.
- Ensure project delivery is on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Manage relationships with clients and all partners, and conduct project status reporting and communications.
- Report and advance issues and risks to management, as the need arises.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for successful project execution, as required.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Master’s degree with 2 years relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- WBG project management experience is a plus.
Technical & Functional Competencies Required:
- Experience and extensive knowledge of WBG ERP’s materials management module and it’s configurations and integrations with other modules in ERP is required.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintainingeprocurement systems.
- Experience in WBG processes like Reorg, financial closing, reporting etc.
- Experience in using project management tools for requirements, development, and test tracking.
- Experience in design and programming in ABAP, RFC, BADI, BAPI and Smart forms
- Experience in implementing and maintaining BPM solutions with head on implementation and integrations.
- Experience with Pcard reconciliation tool, Pcard workflow processes and integration with other modules within SAP such as FI and FM.
- Strong and confirmed experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
- Solid experience in coordinating implementation of complex systems.
- Effective communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and optimally prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear, concise style.
- Experience with facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge collection and follow-up.