International Organization for Migration
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Technologist/Technician incoordination with the Laboratory Manager and the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO), the incumbent will be responsible for technical support to laboratory services with respect to Migration Health Assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Division in Maesot, Thailand.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform simple laboratory procedures as assigned by the laboratory supervisor for simple specimen collection, reagent, media and test station preparation through the use of the standard relevant equipment.
- Adhere to standards and the quality measures of assigned laboratory procedures by strictly following SOPs.
- Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the laboratory, minding the safety of oneself and others.
- Assist technical personnel for accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results by receiving and processing request forms, data entry, scheduling of clients, printing and submitting laboratory test reports.
- Provide general support to quality control activities undertaken in the laboratory.
- Monitor and facilitate to laboratory storage (such as refrigerators, incubators, etc.) equipment performance and maintenance.
- Support the laboratory stock management and monitoring by verifying that equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated daily work.
- Maintain the established system of organized record keeping.
- Participate in updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed.
- Participate in the improvement of laboratory services according to an adopted work plan in the laboratory.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed certificate from an accredited academic institution as per country regulations
- Three years of relevant experience working in a laboratory
- Knowledge of the processes of the laboratory especially the pre-analytical
- Knowledge of Fraud prevention
- Communicate effectively
- Fluency in English and Thai (oral and written)
5. DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Delivering results: Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail [email protected] by October 02, 2022at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code VN045/2022 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability;
b) a curriculum vitae;
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/Vacancies/Form/iom-personal-history-form-270122.xls.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 17.09.2022 to 02.10.2022
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].