Website IntraHealth International
IntraHealth International is now seeking a Lead Engineer to join the Digital Health team. The Lead Engineer leads and champions the organization’s commitment to leveraging technology for increasing results and impact, and to serve as a catalyst for amplifying the organization’s approach to digital transformation of health information systems to deliver lifesaving, people-centered care and to increase health system resilience to emerging threats and pandemics.
The Lead Engineer adopts multiple responsibilities under this role . They deliver enterprise-ready architectures, software, standards, and technical support of IntraHealth’s digital health solutions. They manage the global software engineering team to ensure technical standards of excellence and professional development and technical leadership. They also develop and maintains external relationships with donors and partners in the global digital health technical landscape.
This position can be based out of our Chapel Hill, North Carolina office or remotely.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates technologies, architectures, and standards and oversees their implementation from concept to working product and advises on the choices of suitable technologies.
- Publicly promotes IntraHealth’s Global Goods and has a passion for staying current and experimenting with new standards, approaches, and tools while balancing the need to support legacy infrastructure and locally-led governance and ownership of health information systems.
- Manages the delivery and support of enterprise-level software solutions, prioritizing the protection of patient data, cybersecurity, help desk support, and the production of technical documentation required for implementers to succeed.
- Prioritizes the features in product roadmaps and ensures that most needed features are delivered in a timely manner for clients.
- Provides technical guidance to the software engineering team to solve complex engineering problems.
- Writes, reviews and commits code to ensure the digital health solutions meet technical standards and are of high quality, and are consistent across IntraHealth’s software products.
- Builds country digital health capacity through supporting ministries to develop, enhance, or assess national digital health architecture strategy, policy, governance structures, and business analysis to implement sustainable services and applications that contribute to improved health outcomes.
- Master’s Degree and 8 years of experience in Digital Health, Informatics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, Epidemiology (Or a PhD/MD and six years of relevant experience, Or a Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of relevant experience).
- Direct NGO Programs experience, all preferably in a public health environment.
- Five years experience technical supervision of a team of Software Engineers, or substantial technical supervisory experience in developing country contexts and/or humanitarian settings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least two programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience working with governments in LMICs.
- Comfortable managing in a flexible, changing and virtual environment, with the ability to be ready to adjust plans and direction in response to local feedback and the iterative nature of digital health projects.
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills in English required.
- Participation in a standards creation or standards-advocacy body, such as in the FHIR ecosystem, IHE, OpenHIE, AEHIN, or similar.
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked in more than 100 countries since 1979. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
Our programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and equity. We are committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
IntraHealth is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and flexible teleworking and remote work policies that reflect our focus on staff safety, well-being, and retention.
Our workplace culture
IntraHealth stands for equality, justice, and respect. We strive to be an antiracist organization that works to minimize power imbalances and increase local sustainability in global health. We aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse global community in which we work. Join us and be part of it.
Learn more about our workplace culture: https://www.intrahealth.org/our-workplace-culture
Our COVID-19 safety measures
IntraHealth is a global health organization that knows the power of vaccines. All US-based IntraHealth staff are required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 before beginning work. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation. This helps us keep our staff and partners safe and ensures that IntraHealth—as a US government contractor—complies with all US federal government regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.