Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
Loan Accounts Consultant
Background of this search:
Our Loan and Corporate Accounts Group (ACC/LCA) is looking for a dedicated, upbeat, and team-oriented candidate to support the group in the Loan Servicing Functions, the Libor transition, the review of origination and financial terms of private sector operations and to collaborate with all the activities performed by the group.
The team’s mission:
Within the Accounting Division, The Loan and Corporate Accounts Group executes processes related to the Loan Back-office and Corporate Accounts Payable and Receivable.
What you’ll do:
- Support SMEs with the different activities under the Loan Financial System, LIBOR transition, or any other Capital Project.
- Provide reporting and control services for loans, equities, guarantees, technical cooperation, and investment grants.
- Perform billing and collection activities and follow up on arrears according to Bank Policies, procedures, and loan contracts.
- Prepare and analyze statements of account to ensure accuracy of the transactions, income charges, subsidies, late fees, balances, interest rates and payment instructions.
- Analyzes, reviews, and provides comments on financial terms and conditions of private sector project documents and loan agreements to ensure compliance with Bank lending policies.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are either a citizen of one of our 48-member countries with residency or legal permit to work in one of the 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or related fields is required. CPA/CFA and/or Master’s in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field desired.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience in International Organizations, or Financial Institutions, and/or public accounting. Experience in lending services and establishing and evaluating internal controls. Advanced Excel skills, data analytics, and experience working with large data sets. Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of financial transaction systems is highly desirable.
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English.
Core and Technical Competencies:
- General Accounting, Finance
- Loan Accounting.
- Data Base Analysis
- Type of contract: National Consultant (CNS)
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Location: 100% remotely from place of residence of the selected candidate. Services are expected to be provided remotely from a country where the IDB has offices.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.
To apply for this job please visit iadbcareers.referrals.selectminds.com.