Website FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Tigray, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
The Logistics Assistant will support with movement tracking, assist management, and other general needs of the logistics department. This person will report to the Logistics Officer.
- Assist in all Procurement tasks as per FHI 360’s Procurement Handbook.
- Prepare weekly records of logistics, fleet management activities.
- Update the procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis.
- Liaise with FHI 360 field offices on all items that are not locally available.
- Maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per contracts signed.
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories. Ensure Assets register and inventory is up to date in all times.
- Constantly monitor inventory tagging and recording in accordance with the fhi360/Donor guidelines.
- Assisting in FHI 360 warehouse management according to fhi360 warehouse standards and records are well maintained.
- Assisting and Ensuring that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods issued are properly.
- Assist in monitoring the carpool to ensure optimal use, which includes service and maintenance etc. Ensure that logbooks are always filled in and maintain an updated overview of expenses for each vehicle.
- Coordination with Field Offices to record and update all inputs and data for the warehousing and procurements.
- Any other task as requested by the Logistics Management.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Recognizes, defines, and resolves non-standard problems using operating procedures, practices and established precedents.
- Resolves recurring issues and problems as well as some unique situations.
- Anticipates problems and develops recommendations for management resolution.
- Detects and corrects errors resulting in a reduction in moss time and customer/user dissatisfaction.
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions with periodic work review given for new activities or special assignments.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and with contacts outside own organization.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Associates Degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration or Related Field.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience providing logistic in an office setting.
- Vocational or specialized training desired.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 – 25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, and printer/copier.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.