Website FHI 360
FHI 360 STAFF WORKING IN THE UNITED STATES ARE REQUIRED TO BE FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF PROJECT OR CLIENT THEY SERVE, OR OF THEIR EMPLOYMENT STATUS (FULL/PART-TIME, REMOTE, TELEWORK, OR IN-OFFICE), UNLESS AN ACCOMMODATION APPLIES. FHI 360 COMPLIES WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS WITH REGARD TO ACCOMMODATIONS RELATED TO THIS POLICY. FULL VACCINATION IS CURRENTLY DEFINED AS TWO WEEKS AFTER THE SECOND DOSE IN A TWO-DOSE SERIES, SUCH AS THE PFIZER-BIONTECH OR MODERNA VACCINE, OR TWO WEEKS AFTER A SINGLE-DOSE VACCINE, SUCH AS JOHNSON & JOHNSON’S JANSSEN VACCINE. BOOSTER DOSES ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME.
This position will work in FHI 360’s West Africa and the Middle East Regional Office “WAMERO”. WAMERO provides a country-centered approach to its partner countries by utilizing an expanded team of enterprise services establishing both the operating platform and shared services that support project implementation. The team is comprised of experts who provide programmatic, financial, human resources, information technology, and contractual strategic leadership in the geographic area of intervention.
The position manages financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Offices and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well- being of the projects within the West Africa and Middle East Regional Office. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements. Oversees sub-award management and responds to inquiries and assist in training. Carries out unit finances to proactively guide and support respective financial success by providing high-level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Responsible for analyzing project financial performance trends. Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Responsible for interpreting, analyzing and/or evaluating data to monitor risks and ensure compliance to internal and external policies and regulations, applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Responsible for reviewing financial terms and conditions of contractual agreements to monitor project compliance and mitigate risk
- Responsible for identifying gaps in financial operations and developing solutions to address them
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Provides support for field and HQ programs through on-site and/or live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Analyzes sub recipient commitments to identify potential financial risks or concerns.
- Reviews and analyzes cost share documentation to monitor compliance and mitigate risks; provides audited consolidated figures for official external/internal reporting.
- Ability to pull and analyze financial data from various sources to perform in depth analysis, produce reports and develop financial models.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other Enterprise Services departments, consultants, management and staff.
- Implements and evaluates statistical models, systems and serves as a trusted advisor to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls, and financial information systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leader in financial management, operation and compliance for both USG and non-USG projects.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cost Accounting Systems (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Must possess excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership, and advise to team members, collaborate with colleagues, and lead capacity building initiatives.
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation, and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Problem Solving and Impact
- Works on moderately complex problems, which require in depth evaluation of data and make recommendations.
- Exercises judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques for obtaining results.
- Reports directly to Regional Finance Advisor
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to mentor, motivate and manage individuals and groups from diverse groups and backgrounds, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Finance/Accounting or Equivalent
- Minimum of 5-8 years related work experience including 3 years in management and 3 years at the corporate or organizational level.
- English proficiency required, French, Arabic or Spanish preferred.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Familiarity with Costpoint is a plus
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.