WHO WE ARE
Come grow with us! If you are a passionate change agent who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and inclusive, culture committed to operational excellence, we would like to meet you.
At Resonance, you get involved in the work, in the field, not just in the deck. Our teams are autonomous and self-sufficient. You get to weigh in with founders and leaders on how to drive change and grow the movement while growing the company.
Resonance is an award-winning, Certified B Corporation consultancy that delivers market-based solutions to address the world’s toughest challenges. We enable a variety of donor, commercial, and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets.
The Projection Operations Team at Resonance is responsible for: 1) Establishing and overseeing compliance and risk management framework; 2) Building, maintaining, and updating business/corporate level operations, tools, and resources; 3) Building, maintaining, and updating project/field level operations, tools, and resource; and 4) Supporting Business Development pricing strategies and risk management. The Project Operations Manager will operate at a high level within each of these four areas of responsibility.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, Burlington, VT, or remote reporting to the Director of Project Operations.
OUTCOMES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Establish and Oversee Compliance and Risk Management Framework
· Develop and maintain corporate policies related to compliance issues across Resonance in partnership with the Project Operations Team and other internal stakeholders.
· Serve as a company-wide resource to address a wide range of compliance questions on ongoing projects and troubleshoot project operations issues, including but not limited to client relations, contractual, financial, personnel, grant and subcontract management, and general compliance matters.
· ResearchUS government regulatory frameworks and analyses to come up with solutions that are compliant as well as flexible.
· Develop tools and trackers to be used by project management teams, to ensure compliance with and consistent application of client governing rules and regulations as well as Resonance’s internal policies and procedures across project implementation.
· Review client contracts prior to signatory to ensure terms and conditions are acceptable to Resonance.
· Conduct internal project audits to identify areas of weakness and risk, and develop action plans that mitigate them.
· Maintain the Operations SharePoint Site (working with the Project Operations team) to ensure information related to compliance and risk management is clear and up to date.
Build, Maintain, and Update Business/Corporate Level Operations Tools and Resources
· Collaborate and coordinate with the Project Operations Team in updating Resonance’s Travel Management Manualand developing supplementary guidance documents as needed, as well as managing the relationship with Resonance’s travel agency.
· Provide pre-departure support to Resonance travelers to ensure compliance with duty of care requirements and obtain security related information from Resonance’s security services coordinator.
· Develop training materials on relevant business/corporate level operations tools and resources.
· Work with the Project Operations Team to maintain the Operations SharePoint Site to ensure information related to business/corporate level operations is clear and up to date.
Build, Maintain, and Update Project/Field Level Operations Tools and Resources
· Serve as a resource to project teams from project start-up to close-out on all matters related to project financial management, operations, contract and subcontract management, procurement, and compliance.
· Serve as a resource to project teams managing Resonance’s field-based projects, including in-country registration, field operations, in-country personnel management, field accounting, etc.
· Provide guidance to the project management teams in setting up project management systems that meet client, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
· In consultation with the Project Operations Director, troubleshoot project operations issues, including but not limited to client relations, contractual, financial, personnel, and compliance matters.
· Serve as a resource to address any issues related to grant management and subcontract management under USAID funded prime projects.
· Serve as a liaison between the project teams (in the U.S. and abroad) and Resonance’s Finance and Accounting department.
· Help ensure a consistent application of the governing rules and regulations as well as Resonance’s internal policies and procedures in project implementation.
· Develop training materials on relevant project/field level operations tools and resources.
· Work with the Project Operations Team to maintain the Operations SharePoint Site to ensure information related to project/field level operations is clear and up to date.
Support Business Development Pricing Strategies and Risk Management:
· Lead and/or oversee the development of large multi-million-dollar cost proposals in support of Resonance’s business development strategy.
· Review terms and conditions of solicitations as well as those of partner teaming agreement and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
· Develop training materials related to proposal costs and cost principles
· Review Resonance’s cost proposals for cost competitiveness, reasonableness, and regulatory compliance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, International Development, or another related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing donor-funded projects (preferably contracts funded by USAID or the U.S. Department of State)
- 2+ years of experience addressing compliance issues on US government funded contracts, including researching and interpreting the FAR, AIDAR, and CFR
- 2+ years of experience starting up and operationalizing multi-million dollar field based projects, including in areas such as personnel policies, field accounting operations, and in-country registration
- 2+ years of experience supporting USAID projects with a “grant under contract” program, including developing grant management manuals and grantee due diligence processes
- 1+ years of experience developing and/or updating company policies and manuals related to US government compliance as well as manuals related to field based projects, such as field operations, grant and subcontract management, travel guidance, consultant engagement, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working on bids and proposals in a variety of roles, with a focus on cost and pricing
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of the U.S. Government rules and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or Arabic
- Demonstrated practical skills in other project operations and management areas are a plus
- Experience working on USAID funded cooperative agreements
Salary Range: 80,000 – 90,000 USD/year
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel up to 20% internationally on short notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: US work authorization required.
Work environment and physical demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.