Website Anglo American
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
As the Master Data Management Superintendent, you will support the Finance Data Owner to deliver the data agenda for AA Finance and play a key role in the Master Data Management execution in support of the Global Master Data Process. The custodian of Finance, Customer and Vendor Master Data to support quality of Master Data and governance through issue triage, remediation and monitoring.
Your role will include the following:
- Team management encompassing coaching, performance management, resource allocation, training, and succession planning. Participate in setting and achieving team objectives to support a high-performing culture
- Executes against the design for preparation, maintenance, and governance of master data
- Establishes and maintains data management principles, guidelines and standard operating procedures in alignment with Group Finance and regulatory requirements
- Supports the preparation, maintenance and governance of finance master data elements in SAP including GL accounts, cost centres, profit centres, etc
- Co-ordinates and manages the Master Data Analysts in monitoring, collecting, processing and examining master and key data within the organisation and performs statistical analyses on data sets
- Co-ordinates and manages the data remediation responsible for the cleansing, organising and migrating the Master Data so that it is fit for purpose and properly protected, in line with the overall project objectives and the direction of the Deployment Manager
- Manages the analysts in the development and maintenance of customer and vendor Master Data in SAP
- Ensure compliance with Group Policies and regulatory requirements (including record management) and continuous improvement of quality relevant processes within finance
- Partners with Finance Business Improvement to ensure the successful implementation and ongoing operation of Master Data Management processes, including data governance;
- Provides support to the Finance Data Owner to help execute and drive data management and governance improvement initiatives where appropriate
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant preferred
- SAP FI certification desirable
Your experience will include:
- Solid working knowledge of SAP FICO architecture, including Finance and cross-functional data objects, this could be from an end-user or key user role
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA preferred
- Working knowledge of other financial systems (Oracle Hyperion, Blackline,)
- Knowledge of finance transformation and agile principles, data management and data governance principles
- Clear relevant credit checks
- This role will require travel as and when required
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
This opportunity will be based in Rosebank, Gauteng (person must be living in Johannesburg)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.