Website American College of Technology (ACT)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
American College of Technology (ACT)
ABOUT THE MINISTRY OF LABOR AND SKILLS (MoLS)
The previous Jobs Creation Commission (JCC) and now merged with MoLS has set a clear goal of creating 3 million jobs by 2021, 14 million by 2025, and 20 million jobs by 2030 through guiding the investment of government, the private sector and development partners to high-growth sectors and implementing innovative programs and targeted policy interventions in the labor market to align skills development with market needs and incentivize and support entrepreneurship and enterprise creation. In accordance with its operational mandate, MoLS is working on a five-year large-scale and market-oriented (work-readiness),
#ET Works Program
supported by the Master Card Foundation with the overall objectives of tackling the binding constraints on the supply side of the labor market through upskilling or reskilling the workforce based-on improved proficiency in demand-driven foundational skill sets. Accordingly, the #ET-Works, work-readiness program, have integrates the following five foundational components to address the barriers and challenges on the supply side of the labor market:
1) Cultivating positive behavior and attitude changes towards work;
2) Upskilling and Reskilling Program;
3) National Internships (including voluntarism) and placement;
4) Building Sector Skills Committees (SSCs); and
5) #ET Works Master Trainer Training Program
ABOUT AMERICAN COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (ACT)
American College of Technology (ACT) is an accredited higher learning institution by FDRE Education & Training Authority (ETA) established with a mission of producing internationally competent professionals in the field of Business, Leadership, Project Management, Finance and Computer Science at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The College is also providing short term computer Science and softs kill trainings including project management, communication skills, presentation skills, problem-solving skills, conflict resolution, leadership skills, emotional intelligence, time management, ethics, teamwork, adaptability and related. The program is delivered in collaboration with the USA based Maharishi International University (MIU) and well experienced local staffs with significant university and industry experience.
The major objective of #ET Works Master Trainer Training Program is to provide background knowledge, skills, and practical experience on work readiness topics including foundational skills, digital skills, job search skills, entrepreneurial mind-set and navigating career pathways and finally certify participants as Master Trainer. At the end of this training participants are expected to effectively facilitate, deliver, accurately answer participant questions, effectively address emerging challenges, appropriately support the participants, and efficiently utilize technology-based online/offline tools (interactive, app-based, electronic-platform) necessary to achieve the intended impact. Thus, MoLS through Target Business Consulting Plc in collaboration with American College of Technology is recruiting trainees who will participate for 10 days intensive training and certifying them as Master Trainer.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a certified Master Trainer the participant is expected to:
- Actively engage in finalizing of the draft training material/manuals and conduct trainings in close coordination with MoLS and its partners
- Committed to fully engage in the given training that will take for 10 (Ten) days
- Undertake training need assessment
- Design and implement training follow up mechanism and ensure need based support and guidance to trainees
- Write reports according to the project and donor requirements
- Produce success stories/case studies and share with concerned supervisor
- Orient the concerned beneficiaries on project goal, objectives and target
- Contribute in short/long term plans, conducting need assessments and developing concept notes
- Submit monthly, weekly and daily training plan to the concern supervisor on regular basis.
- Conduct these and other tasks as required in support of project goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Law, Psychology and/or another relevant field of study.
- Proven track of record as in facilitating and delivering a participatory training a master trainer, lecturer, career counselor, workforce developer and related
- At least eight years (for Bachelor’s Degree) / six years (for Master’s Degree) of relevant experience required
- Strong content knowledge in one or more subject areas (Foundational skills, Digital skills, Job search skills, Entrepreneurial mind-set and/or Navigating Career pathways) is highly desirable;
- Previous experience as a master trainer in work readiness will be preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using participatory training methodologies for young men and women teaching.
- Excellent facilitation skills with demonstrated experience facilitating in a range of contexts and topics work readiness, upskilling or reskilling the workforce, youth employment and related
- Experience and expertise in a designing and implementing wide-range of methods and approaches to professional development and capacity building
- Able to design training material/manuals and conduct trainings to the diverse stakeholders
- Ability to build effective relationships with all participants, peers, and stakeholders
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure
- Proactive and creative, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written English and Amharic language communication skills. Knowledge of other local language is preferable.
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- At least 5 years of experience in Career Development Centre (CDC), Centre of Excellence of Entrepreneurship at university and TVET, career counseling and soft skills training curriculum development and training delivery working directly young professionals and students.
- In‐depth knowledge of career counselling and demonstrated success managing career development centers
- Expertise in delivering training to diverse audiences with varying levels of education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other ICT tools
- Female applicants are encouraged to participate in this program
How To Apply:
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.