Website Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
NRC Puntland Area Office is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant based in Garowe.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function. Carry out data collection as required
- Receive and record information (Complaints, Feedback or Suggestions)
- In coordination with the M&E staff and Head of Office, escalate complaints to the relevant person (head of department) and together formulate a response plan.
- Give feedback to the complainants on the progress of addressing their complaints.
- Ensure that all complaints are followed through to conclusion and the process documented.
- Address beneficiary Complaints promptly in order of urgency be aware of any target timelines for resolving complaints.
- Identify sources of data collection methods and resources needed and related beneficiary complaints.
- Highlight any trends or other issues that should be raised to senior management based on the information received through the CFRM.
- Provide appropriate and facilitative administrative follow-up actions to ensure effective application of Complaint Response Feedback and Mechanism and reporting tools.
- Assist in the establishment and management of a CRFM database and monitoring system for Puntland area NRC programs.
- Produce bi weekly reports on the CRFM and its progress.
- Carry out field visits and identify challenges and inconsistencies relevant to monitoring exercises.
- Build and maintain good working relations with NRC staff.
- In charge of maintaining and updating the Monitoring and Evaluation database, ensuring correct and swift data processing entry.
- Ensure accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information.
- Support in notetaking at FGDs/interviews and transcribing any recordings.
- Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timeline.
- Actively participate to project implementation & internal and external meetings.
- Assist with the record of the GPS coordinates of program activities.
- Assist with the productions of maps & other geographic information products.
- Prepare daily/weekly field visit schedule of monitoring and evaluation related to activities.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks to the position as requested by the line supervisor.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Livelihoods & Food Security
- WASH & Shelter
Generic professional competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/information technology or statistics is required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in M&E design and implementation.
- At least 2 years’ experience in field project review, projects reporting and evaluation.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access).
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the operating context in Puntland Somalia
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Works well under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of computer literacy
- Good community mobilization skills, and ability to resolve individual and group conflicts
- Individual and group facilitative capacity building skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent program evaluative and report writing skills
What We Offer:
Contract period: 1year, with possible extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Garowe
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.