Website Abt Associates,
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director position for the upcoming USAID-funded Mali Health Financing Activity.
The MEL Director will play a leading role in promoting a culture of results, accountability and learning in line with USAID policies, procedures and requirements. This includes supporting the project team to strengthen MEL processes by capturing results, building evidence of impact, and institutionalizing learning across the project. The MEL Director will be responsible for creating and managing the M&E database; systematically securing MEL resources; collecting, analyzing, and presenting program data for staff, partners, and USAID; and preparing monthly and quarterly program indicator reports. The MEL Director will contribute to the project’s information management by advising how to strengthen the planning and design of MEL systems and provide technical input on selected MEL components and capacity building for the project team and local partners.
This will be a five-year project designed to provide health financing technical assistance and services aimed at increasing universal health access to and use of quality health services by rural populations.
Work is expected to begin in mid-2023. The position is contingent upon the contract being awarded to Abt Associates. The MEL Director will be based in Mali and report to the project Chief of Party.
- Draft, review, and finalize the project’s MEL Plan, and manage ongoing related documentation, monitoring and data collection activities.
- Develop streamlined systems and processes for data capture and reporting
- Work closely with the health financing technical team to design and implement appropriate monitoring.
- Lead analysis and reporting on program indicators in accordance with project MEL plan.
- Organize project reporting processes for annual work plans, periodical reports, and other documents.
- Lead design, analysis and reporting on all project research activities.
- Ensure quality of assessments and evaluation activities.
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, or another similar field.
- At least 12 years of demonstrated technical expertise in monitoring and evaluation of health programs and systems, preferably in health financing.
- Experience working closely with implementers to design project monitoring plans, including indicators, data collection systems, and data quality assurance processes.
- Experience working on a USAID project is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French are required.
- Proficiency with statistical software packages used for data analysis, such as SPSS, STATA, or other data software is required.
- Experience with social research methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in design, implementation, and reporting on programmatic research related to health.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.