Website FHI 360
- Maputo, Mozambique
- time type
- Full time
- posted on
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id
- Requisition – 2022200047
Position: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
FHI 360 Mozambique is looking for suitable qualified candidates to occupy the position of Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) to be based in Maputo.
The USAID HIV key and Priority Populations (KPP) Local activity in Mozambique is a follow-on the PASSOS project and will improve health and HIV outcomes among key and priority populations in support of USAID/Mozambique’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) 2020-2025. The project will build on the gains attained in HIV and STI prevention, care and treatment focusing on Key Populations (KPs).
FHI 360 is seeking a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director for an anticipated 5 year award from the United States Agency for International Development in Mozambique (USAID/Mozambique) to strengthen KP access to health services and remove structural barriers. This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director will be in charge of the monitoring, evaluation, and learning components of project. The MEL director will develop project monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems. The MEL system will include appropriate indicators, baseline data, results, and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. The MEL director will ensure the dissemination and use of project results for various stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the project monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, which will include a CLA plan, and technical strategies for strengthening routine and ad hoc information systems and data use for learning and decision making.
- Lead the project activities to facilitate the capture and use of relevant knowledge and evidence to guide project strategy, support adaptive management and continuous improvement, and advance learning.
- Oversee project knowledge management, including development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
- Oversee the development of strategies and tools for strengthening the collection and use of FP information systems across public and private sectors, at community level.
- Lead the development and monitoring of MEL and work plans.
- Work closely with the heads of projects to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- To strengthen CSOs’ capacity to independently conduct CLM tied to specific interventions to improve program performance and quality of services being provided.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and coordinating with various government and development partners to improve and utilize existing systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems.
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Play a key role in the development of routine project reports.
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Mozambique counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, research methods or related field
- Has 10+ years of experience with health program monitoring including indicators and measures used in FP, social and behavior change, and capacity building
- Excellent ability to use District Health Information Software (DHIS II and DHIS II Tracker) for reporting or analysis;
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with proven ability in using visuals like graphs, charts, maps, and GIS;
- Experience conducting Data Quality Assessments and leading efforts improve data collection and use
- Excellent ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully moving analysis, evaluation, and research findings to program actions.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods.
- Experience with a USG-funded project as well a health-related projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Extensive experience in CLA, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Fluency in Portuguese and strong oral and written communication and skills in English required
- Experience working in Mozambique is desired and Mozambican nationals are encouraged to apply
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.