Website FHI 360
Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Project (ASBC) seeks to promote measurable and sustainable social, and behavior change in 17 priority districts in the areas of malaria, family planning, nutrition, maternal and child health and emerging infectious diseases in target populations (women of reproductive age, newborns, children <5, adolescents/youth <25 and others). The ASBC project activities are designed to: 1) promote sustainability of a capacitated Ghana Health Service- Health Promotion Division (Result 1); 2) improve health-seeking behavior change and impact at individual and community levels (Result 2); and, 3) promote private enterprise and CSO support for the public health agenda (Result 3).
The Monitoring, Evaluation Data Integration and Visualization Officer will be a mid-level member of the project team and work with regional and local NGO partners, Ghana Health Service, community organizations, USAID and others, etc. to achieve the implementation of an integrated health program encompassing malaria, nutrition, water and sanitation (WASH), maternal and child health (MNCH) and family planning and reproductive health.
- Lead the development of a project database with analytical dashboards using open-source web-based platforms e.g. DHIS2
- Create designs to support the presentation of reports and statistical data using infographics and other interactive media.
- Develop analytic dashboards, activity trackers and visualizers to aid performance evaluation of ASBC programs and activities.
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and Learning plan for the project.
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data for monitoring project activities, including the use of digital visualization and infographics.
- Assist in training project team members and partners on data visualization (and use) and related topics.
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standards, checking and correcting the quality of systems and data.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to donor and stake holders in accordance with specified timelines.
- Assist M & E Advisor to provide support for the development of workplans and ensure program objectives are reached by local implementing partners.
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits and coordinate program activities of implementing partners.
- Conduct data analysis and guide and adapt programming to optimize results
- Assist in capacity building programs of partners in M&E, including trainings, workshops, and one-on-one support as needed
- S/he must have a minimum university degree in social science, social science research, research methodologies, program evaluation or related field
- 3-6-years’ experience in data visualization and web-based data dashboard creation and maintenance.
- 3-5 years’ experience designing graphics translating data into easily digestible reports and images.
- 3-5 experience in the development and navigating a DHIS2 database will be an advantage
- At least 3-5 years of experience on a project of similar scope and size
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative formative and baseline/endline research including the creation and management of data dashboards and visualization of data of broadly comparable size and scope social and behavior change project.
- Knowledge and relevant coursework on standard statistical analysis, including measures of central tendency, trend analysis, correlations, probabilities, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant data collection and processing methodologies with particular attention to ensuring data quality and geo tagging of data.
- Experience working with local organizations to ensure effective ME&L and that all ME&L requirements flow down appropriately.
- Demonstrated relevant technical abilities necessary for high-quality ME&L and experience in data visualization and interpretation.
- Experience writing evaluation and/or research results and reports, including knowledge about design and how to report results accurately and succinctly.
- Knowledge of GIS, python and/or R-shiny for developing data visualizations, and basic knowledge of statistical programs such as SAS, SPSS, R and/or Stata; conversant with MS office, especially MS Excel and PPT; prefer relevant knowledge with national HMIS data reporting systems as well as products to integrate data into these systems such as MOTECH
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.