Requisition ID: req35148
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Coordinator
Sector: Evaluation & Learning
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA
Job Overview: Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator will support the Data & Evaluation (D&E) team at IRC SLC to ensure that clients have opportunities to meaningfully influence program selection, design, evaluation, and on other key decisions that affect clients’ lives at IRC SLC. This position will work closely with the Data & Evaluation team, the Community & Civic Engagement Coordinator, program managers, and client community groups to design, client surveys, focus groups, and other methods of collecting data on client perspectives and priorities. This position will also lead efforts to collect data and communicate action plans back to client communities. This position will also work closely with the Community & Integration team to cultivate positive client community relationships with the IRC SLC office staff and programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the office focal point for IRC SLC’s Client Influence Strategy, updating and moving forward strategic activities as needed, in collaboration with D&E and other program teams.
- Work with program and project staff to design data collection tools, coordinate events, actively collect data, analyze data, craft action plans to incorporate learning, and follow up with client communities about decisions made and actions taken.
- In collaboration with the Client & Community Engagement Coordinator, build partnerships with key client community groups and other IRC groups, specifically aimed at sharing ownership and influence from those groups in the Client Influence Strategy implementation.
- Work with the IRC SLC Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Team to ensure the Client Influence Strategy aligns with the DEI Strategy
- Working from previous design and data collection, update and conduct the annual Client Experience Survey
- Champion findings from the Client Experience Survey to inform key decisions in the office about strategic and programmatic priorities.
- In collaboration with the Data & Evaluation Team, support program staff to maintain high levels of data quality and consistency by conducting data entry trainings, support sessions, and quality checks.
- Participate in regular Data & Evaluation Team meetings and team activities, supporting the overall goals and objectives of the Data & Evaluation Team.
- Satisfy recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, anthropology, sociology, or related field of study preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in human services field required; 3+ years’ experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience designing, planning, and conducting research projects involving diverse populations through various methods, including interviews, focus groups, surveys, and other methods.
- Experience collecting and managing personal data according to high standards for personal privacy and safety.
- First-hand knowledge or understanding of refugee or immigrant experience, culture, and/or language strongly preferred.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- Occasional local travel required; up to 10%.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.