- Full Time
- Ankara, Turkey
- Oct 5, 2022
United Nations Children's Fund
Apply By: 05-10-2022
To ensure that the UNICEF Country Office has useful, valid and reliable information on
the situation of children’s and women’s rights;
the performance of UNICEF-supported programmes including their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability, and in emergency contexts, their coverage, coordination and coherence.
To work within the UN country team to support UNCT goals for delivering valid and reliable information on the attainment of the MDGs and other goals, and on the performance of UN-supported programmes.
To assist in the establishment of a monitoring an evaluation tools which enhance partnership between the UNCT, government and other key players to collectively track progress on MDGs and other international commitment for children.
To assist in the development of national capacities for monitoring, evaluation and research, with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of government, community, and civil society stakeholders.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning. The Country Office and national partners have a well-prioritised and realistic plan of research, monitoring and evaluation activities, developed collaboratively that provides all the relevant and strategic information needed to manage the Country Programme.
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment . A collectively Situation Monitoring and Assessment system owned by all key partners is in place, trough which the Country Office and national partners have timely and accurate measurements of change in conditions of children, women, and their families in the country or region; this information is available to facilitate planning and measure program impact.
- Programme Performance Monitoring . The planning function of the Country Office has quality information collected and disseminated with the participation of all concerned partners to assess progress towards expected annual and multi-year results.
- Evaluation. UNICEF-supported evaluations attain established UN quality standards, and the results are disseminated in a timely fashion to stakeholders for improving programme performance and contributing to national and corporate learning.
- M&E Capacity Building. The monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – enhanced with the contribution of UNICEF knowledge partners meet the expectations and requirements of their positions and responsibilities.
- Coordination and Networking . The UNICEF office is linked to wider UNICEF M&E developments in way that both contributes to and benefits from organizational learning on effective M&E management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, statistics, planning development, planning.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
- Five years of relevant professional work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO)
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning. Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Tagged as: Monitoring and Evaluation
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- SYRIA – FSL COORDINATOR (H/F) – AMMAN
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- Officer, Equality and Rights for All, Ethiopia
- Communication and Advocacy Officer
- 4 Job Opportunities at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania –…