Website Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Summer/Fall Term: Immediate – December 31, 2022
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $15.20 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the NBD intern assists the Vice President of Program Development and the entire NBD team with country and sector research, proposal development and consultant recruiting.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Office & Facilities Coordinator in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Work with senior management in creation of development proposals including country and sector research, technical writing and editing, and administrative, graphics and production support;
- Track opportunities with key funding agencies including USAID, MCC and USDA;
- Work with the NBD team on the recruitment of agribusiness experts and local staff for proposals as well as with Human Resources for ongoing program recruitment needs; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in formatting, graphs, diagrams and tables; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at [email protected] or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.
To apply for this job please visit cnfa.hua.hrsmart.com.