- Full Time
- New Delhi, India
- Oct 4, 2022
United Nations Children's Fund
Apply By: 04-10-2022
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
This post will deliver a key role in ensuring the successful roll out of the GenU India strategy and achievement of targets. The role will:
Support the Chief of the Section in the management of operational functions for YuWaah and UNICEF’s contribution to YuWaah.
Accountable for management of cost-effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes, consistent with operations of all other country offices in the Region, in strict compliance with the rules and regulations and in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Regional Management Team and Country Programme Management Teams.
Collaborate with all other UN agencies to accelerate implementation of the Harmonized Business practices in line within Reform/coherence.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operation of financial, budget, information & communication technology, supply & logistics, human resource and administrative management strengthened and maintained for YuWaah.
- Accurate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
- Fiduciary responsibility for funds and assets effectively secured and timely executed for optimum utilization by taking appropriate decision on all operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
- Effective technical input provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations, taking initiative in improving and implementing operations management systems.
- Basic office services effectively provided to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Operations components of the CPMP (Country Programme Management Plan) and annual work plan of the office timely prepared, as well as all operational reporting requirements fully met for the office.
- Compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored and corrective measures taken as appropriate to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Staff learning/development for effective operations performance programme developed, implemented and enhanced for capacity building. All implementing partners’ accountability ensured regarding supply and financial assistance.
- Effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal and external partners for efficient operations, advisory function, vision and leadership, policy coordination, consultative and participatory management process, external representation as well as security and emergency operations. UNDG (United Nations Development Group) policies and processes for harmonized business practices including on joint offices, commons premises and common services are effectively implemented.
- Provide administrative support to YuWaah including but not limited to management of partners, payments, administrative processes including leave, referring necessary documents such as legal document and partnerships to management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A University Degree (Bachelor’s) in one of the following areas is required:
- Business management
- Financial management
- Public Finance
- Related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, or any other relevant function.)
- A professional license from internationally recognized institutions is an asset.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Tagged as: Program and Project Management
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Officer, Equality and Rights for All, Ethiopia
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- Consultancy - Review of FunDoo Home-based with potential…
- SYRIA – FSL COORDINATOR (H/F) – AMMAN
- Country Director, Nairobi - Kenya