Website Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
Partner, Capital Project Delivery, Renewables (LCET)
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- West Virginia – Multiple Locations
- Virginia – Multiple Locations
- Georgia – Multiple Locations
- Maryland – Multiple Locations
- Full time
- posted on
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id
At ERM we are shaping a sustainable future with the world’s leading organizations, including working as a partner with some of the leading utilities and emerging power companies to plan for, create/develop, and effectively/efficiently operate the traditional and renewable power generation and transmission assets. ERM supports every stage of the business/asset lifecycle, including identifying and assessing sites and routes, and securing permits for new renewable and conventional power generation, transmission line development, transmission grid infrastructure, and other related capital project programs. Our current focus is on expanding our team to further strengthen our organization’s ability to create and implement innovative solutions that translate to clear and measurable business value for our clients. Consistent with this focus, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced professional to join our firm as a key client-facing Partner, and to become a shareholder in a business with sustainability at its heart. We are looking for an established leader who combines strong consulting and business development skills with a solid technical foundation, and a track record of leading high performing teams to sell and deliver world-class services and outcomes. The focus areas for this this role will be to:
- Foster, expand, and leverage a network of excellent client relationships with a focused set of large energy industry organizations (including regulated utilities) consistent with our growth strategy and trajectory.
- Lead a team that will support our traditional energy clients as well as clients engaged in their Low Carbon Economy Transition (LCET) across the United States.
- Bring experience in capital project delivery in oil & gas, electric transmission and/or the renewable energy sector which may include including Hydrogen, Onshore and Offshore Wind, Solar, and associated infrastructure projects.
- Drive the continued growth of ERM’s business through recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders.
- Further advance our reputation for supporting development of some of the world’s most challenging and complex projects.
- We will consider strong candidates in geographies throughout the southeastern United States, with a preference to add to our team in NC, SC, VA, WV or GA
This is a Partner-Level opportunity for a Partner/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global business-minded consulting firm. A career as an ERM Partner is unique and our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision, and proven expertise, providing:
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial rewards.
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues affecting our core markets.
- A platform to leverage ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
- Support and carry out ERM’s strategy of focusing on clients, understanding clients’ businesses and their needs, and delivering exceptional client value.
- Contribute to leadership and management of project execution activities in support of ERM clients’ power projects.
- Lead consulting engagements in the areas of impact assessment, technical discipline-specific consulting, and/or permitting and compliance.
- Provide business value based on a strong understanding of clients’ needs, and raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high potential, top opportunities.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant growth with ERM’s target power clients.
- Drive innovation within the sector to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants.
- Meet business health & safety performance standards, financial targets, overall project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal risk management and contractual requirements.
- BS/MS in environmental science, engineering, or related field; Or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in either a consulting environment or working substantially with the Power/Renewables Sector, including substantial experience with renewable generation, transmission, and distribution markets in North America.
- Recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- In-depth understanding of the energy industry and the companies operating in this market, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Demonstrated understanding of the power regulatory environment, key regulatory agencies, and current and emerging issues.
- Business acumen to understand business risks and challenges, and to recognize opportunities to provide enterprise-wide solutions for clients.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales/programs.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
To apply for this job please visit erm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.