Website SoCha LLC
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the USAID/Tanzania Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity. The purpose of the Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation activity is to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
To support the associated MEL services on this activity, SoCha seeks a full-time, qualified Performance Monitoring Advisor.
**Suitably skilled Tanzanian citizens and residents are encouraged to apply.**
Scope of Work:
Illustrative Functions of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the Performance Monitoring Advisor will:
- Be responsible for leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring, analysis, and capacity building under this contract.
- Lead/oversee the engagement of implementing partners and the support to them in data analysis and presentation of the data and findings to USAID.
- Strengthen capacity of USAID/Tanzania staff to conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQA), in line with ADS 201.
- Lead coordination efforts amongst USAID and IP staff to undertake up to 40 indicator DQAs a year.
- Lead/oversee support of the development of Activity-level MEL Plans (particularly by new and/or local IPs), and associated Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS).
- Organize and supervise the day-to-day programmatic activities, including the Third Party Monitoring, Evaluations and Assessments, Data Quality Assessments, and other activities as requested by USAID, such as IP meetings.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- An advanced degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a relevant field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in international development, as well as in the drafting, review, and updating key performance management documents: PMP, Performance Plan and Report, quarterly data reviews, and portfolio review documents.
- At least five (5) years of experience successfully managing teams with a focus on producing high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation abilities.
- Prior experience working with USAID (including on USAID-funded work) and strong knowledge of regulations related to monitoring.
- Experience with USAID’s program cycle, CLA (collaborating, learning, and adapting) approach, or knowledge management preferred.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with some in-country travel.
How to apply:
To apply, please lodge CV highlighting your experience in qualitative research via the form below.
Applications close 21 August 2022 and promising candidates may be selected before this deadline.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.socha.net.