Website European Banking Authority (EBA)
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Digital Finance Unit, the Policy Expert will contribute to the establishment and functioning of the EU Supervisory Digital Finance Academy and play an important role in the EBA’s work on technology driven innovation in financial services (including operational resilience, crypto assets, artificial intelligence etc.).
- • Steer the preparation of a series of engaging and interactive workshops and training activities on digital finance supervisory practices, including identifying and proposing themes for the training activities.
- • Review and validate training materials (including slide decks, scripts, case studies and any other study support tool/product); propose measures to improve the content and structure of the training activities, revise and validate reports provided by training provider;
- • Draft regular reports on the functioning the EU Supervisory Digital Finance Academy (e.g. steps taken to develop, tailor and update the training curriculum, overview of training activities, feedback received from training participants, functioning of the training platform, etc.);
- • Ensure close collaboration and good communication with stakeholders (European Commission, third party training provider, ESMA, EIOPA and other stakeholders) on the progress towards meeting objectives and deliverables of the project;
- • Contribute to the EBA’s work on monitoring technology driven financial innovation (digital finance) and identify areas where a regulatory and supervisory response might be needed following priorities from the Digital Finance Strategy of the European Commission (e.g. in areas related to digital operational resilience, crypto-assets, artificial intelligence etc).
- • Contribute and provide support to internal EBA committees and subgroups and their chairpersons;
- • To the extent necessary, externally represent the EBA at a technical level in her/his area of expertise;
- • Support and contribute to the other activities of the Digital Finance Unit.
To be considered eligible, candidates must satisfy all the criteria listed below, by the deadline for submitting applications.
- • Be a national of one of the Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
- • Be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- • Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- • Have a thorough knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union;
- • Have the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
To qualify for the position a candidate must have, in addition to the above, at least three years of proven fulltime professional experience after completing the education as mentioned above.
The work experience for eligibility purposes is counted from the award of the corresponding diploma up to the closing date of applications.
Applications will be assessed based on the Eligibility and Essential Selection Criteria specified in sections 1 and 2 of this vacancy notice. Candidates are required to clearly indicate in their CVs how they acquired the knowledge and experience allowing them to meet the selection criteria mentioned below and give specific examples.
Essential selection criteria
In addition to the eligibility criteria above, the following essential selection criteria will be used. Please note that all essential criteria are mandatory, meaning that no application will be assessed further if a candidate obtains a zero score in any of them:
- • At least two years of fulltime professional experience, after completing the education in one or more of the following areas – please give specific examples in your application:
- developing policy and/or applying legal framework in relation to digital finance, innovations and/or digital operational resilience in or for financial institutions;
- digital finance, operational resilience and/or crypto-assets;
- supervising innovative financial technologies and products (e.g. ICT risks, crypto-assets, etc.);
- building and/or overseeing new technologies in a financial services environment;
- • Knowledge of digital finance (a variety of products, applications, processes and business models that is transforming the traditional way of providing banking and financial services) and/or functioning of innovative financial technologies and products (e.g. artificial intelligence/machine learning, advanced analytics, blockchain, cloud computing, SupTech, RegTech) gained through studies or professional experience – please give specific examples in your application;
- • Experience in drafting notes, teaching material or briefings on digital finance or financial technologies and products – please give specific examples in your application.
Candidates who meet all of the essential selection criteria will be scored against the following advantageous criteria:
- • Knowledge of the regulatory framework related to the area of digital finance, operational resilience and/or crypto-assets, gained through studies or professional experience – please give specific examples in your application;
- • Experience in a coordination role – please give specific examples in your application;
- • Proven experience in designing and/or giving trainings in financial market (banking, payments, etc.) area – please give specific examples in your application.
In addition to the above, candidates are expected to fulfil the following competencies which may be assessed during interviews:
- • Ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision;
- • Have a highly developed sense of responsibility and attention to detail;
- • Be able to work and deliver to tight deadlines;
- • Have very good communication skills;
- • Have good project management skills;
- • Be a good team player with strong inter-personal skills.
Contract type, duration and starting date:
The successful candidate will be offered a temporary agent15 fixed-term contract of three years with a probation period of nine months. The contract is not renewable.
The estimated starting date is 1 October 2022.
Place of employment
The offices of the European Banking Authority are located on Floors 24 – 27, Europlaza, 20 Avenue André Prothin, 92927 Paris, La Défense, France.
Submission of Applications
Applications including a curriculum vitae in the Europass format21, a motivation letter, and the completed eligibility criteria grid should be submitted in English in pdf format to the following address: [email protected] by 31 August 2022 at 12.00 noon Paris time.
Please indicate the reference number of this selection, your name and surname in the subject of your email.
The EBA will disregard any application received after deadline. Applicants are strongly advised not to wait until the last day to submit their applications, since heavy internet traffic or fault with the internet connection could lead to difficulties in submission. The EBA cannot be held responsible for any delay due to such difficulties.
Only complete applications will be accepted and considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.eba.europa.eu.