Website International Committee of the Red Cross
GENERALIST FIELD OFFICER
About the Job
The Generalist Field Officer is in charge of the networking in the area of responsibility (AoR) facilitates and contributes to the identification of humanitarian problems and to the smooth implementation of activities by taking part in field trips, contributes to the security analysis and provides regular reporting on the context. S/he represents the ICRC in the view of strengthening its acceptance.
This is a national/resident position based in Abudwak, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses the overall situation in the Area of Responsibility (AoR) and identifies humanitarian needs resulting from the conflict or natural factors and proposes course of action
- Regularly reviews the security situation within the region based on his/her own analysis, input from team members and liaison/contact with all the relevant stakeholders
- Monitors and reports on the political, economic, and social developments and their impact on the target beneficiaries
- Identifies, develops, and maintains a network contacts among local authorities, parties to the conflict, local leaders, humanitarian organizations and members of civil society
- Represents the ICRC with a view to strengthen its acceptance, access and security, and the respect of its principles of neutrality, impartiality, and independence
- Ensures adherence to security rules/procedures and observe code of conduct and maintains confidentiality in all matters
- Supports the sub-structure in implementation and follow up of various field activities in accordance with set objectives
- Provides an up-to-date security analysis prior, during and after the field trip and informs the team and management of any changes that could impact the team and beneficiary’s security
- Highlights potential constraints, challenges or even threats related to the environment in which activities take place and proposes adjustments
- Provides timely contribution to the weekly operational report and reporting on the security situation on weekly and monthly basis
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Diploma in Business Administration, Business Management, or equivalent qualification in a related field of study
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a similar field of activities
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations and an extended network of contacts with key interlocutors in the area of responsibility
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Somali language
- Excellent communication, reporting, planning, analytical, negotiation and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the social, economic, cultural, and political affairs of the assigned environment
- Proven ability to work well independently and effectively within a team environment
- A strong sense of responsibility, commitment, and work ethics
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 2nd December 2022. Clearly indicate the position title Generalist Field Officer – Abudwak in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, click on this link to fill job application form – Generalist Field Officer Abudwak
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to [email protected].**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].