Website European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Posting Date: 10-Jun-2022
Location: Istanbul, TR
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||2 years|
Purpose of Job:
The Principal, Clean Technology Fund (CTF) will lead the overall successful implementation of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies for Corporate Sector Programme (“Programme”) within the EBRD’s Industry, Commerce and Agribusiness (ICA) team.
The Principal, CTF will work on all aspects related to the implementation of the EBRD’s High Impact program, in order to assist EBRD’s ICA clients to achieve a transformative shift towards a low-carbon pathway in the ICA sectors. The Programme is active in Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Tunisia and Ukraine.
The Principal will be responsible for origination, structuring and monitoring of ICA’s projects under the Programme, in cooperation with the banking operational leaders (OLs). They will identify eligible projects under the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme, which aims at incentivizing companies to invest in energy efficient investments in a range of industrial sub-sectors (incl. chemicals, cement, fertilizers, pulp and paper, glass, iron and steel and aluminium). The Principal will lead projects with uptake in highly innovative climate-impact technologies, as well as design and monitor projects and their activities, prepare monitoring reports for a variety of stakeholders, assist with development of relevant templates for successful implementation of the Programme, and coordinate visibility activities.
The Principal, CTF, will lead all activities under Programme. Furthermore, will work in close coordination with the Donor Co-Financing (DCF) and Climate Strategy and Delivery (CSD) Teams and the Climate Strategy and Regional Delivery. The Principal is expected to contribute on all initiatives related to the CTF Programme and perform all such tasks as may be assigned by the Lead Bankers. Reporting to Deputy Head of Turkey, Corporates and working in close coordination with M&S, Agribusiness and Natural Resources focal points, the Principal, CTF, will demonstrate a high commitment to the Bank’s mandate and institutional goals, as well as ability to drive performance excellence, support strategic thinking by helping design a structured approach.
The Principal will have the below responsibilities:
- Overall, be responsible and lead the implementation of the EBRD’s High Impact Climate Technologies Programme in order to assist EBRD’s clients to achieve a transformative shift towards a low-carbon pathway focusing on M&S, Natural Resources and Agribusiness;
- Enable and support pipeline development and business development for eligible projects under the CTF, including screening companies in terms of uptake of high climate impact technologies and appetite for behavioural change at corporate governance;
- Lead the structuring of CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Impact Programme, together with banking OLs;
- Demonstrate ability to identify projects, setting benchmarks and negotiating with clients;
- Perform all such tasks required as agreed with OL Bankers for the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme assisting throughout the whole banking cycle;
- Liaise with relevant internal teams (CSD, DCF, CSRD, ESD) to ensure good coordination and implementation of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme;
- Ensure communication across ICA teams on the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme’s targets and indicators;
- Ensure consistency and scalability of projects;
- Liaise with DCF team to ensure quality reporting and consistent communication with the donor ;
- Coordinate internal and external visibility for the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme;
- Take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of all projects/assignments, including compliance with project eligibility requirements, monitoring of progress of the project/assignment implementation, and monitoring the implementation of advisory services by external experts;
- Supervise the work of consultants hired under the program and contribute to procure experts needed to implement technical aspects of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme;
- Assist in developing relevant templates, forms and tools to facilitate successful implementation of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme, as necessary;
- Assist with coordination on the visibility activities of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme;
- Oversee all activities related to the procurement of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme;
- Support policy dialogue activities undertaken in the context of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme, including working on low-carbon strategies/pathways at the country level (particularly in iron&steel, aluminium, cement and fertilizers sectors);
- Ensure completion of all tasks within specified timeframe to a high standard and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the EBRD.
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports on the performance of the CTF High Impact Climate Technologies Programme and individual assignments for the Clean Technology Fund or any other related and relevant external stakeholders, as well as internally for the EBRD;
- Coordinate the dissemination of the monitoring reports to the Clean Technology Fund and any other related and relevant external stakeholders, including internally to the EBRD;
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree with extensive experience in relevant areas of expertise such as business administration, international relations, economics or finance.
- Proven strong analytical skills are critical, with the ability to summarise data and information.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Additional knowledge of other languages (i.e., Turkish, Arabic, Russian, etc.) is desirable.
- Relevant financial industry experience from a similar international financial institution or international organisation, or in the private sector.
- Familiarity with the international green and climate policies, in particular the Nationally Determined Contributions under the Paris Agreement;
- Specific experience with project management, including designing terms of reference (ToRs) and budgets, management of external consultants/partners, reporting to donors and organising visibility activities.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the EBRD’s mandate and operations.
- Knowledge of specific value chains in M&S, Natural Resources and Agribusiness, as well as specific regional/country knowledge or experience in Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Morocco.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Bank, Banking, Program Manager, Procurement, Energy, Finance, Management, Operations
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ebrd.com.