An exciting opportunity to join a high-growth technology start-up focused on eliminating fuel poverty and improving living standards in Social Housing as a Product Marketing Manager
Base Pay: £45,000-50,000
Bonus: 10% based on Company Performance
Share Options: £10,000
At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the
environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper.
One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. Many residents still can’t afford to heat their homes and live in cold, mouldy properties they can’t be proud of.
We believe that radical innovation in internet-connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed. That’s why our products are built not just on great technology, but on an understanding of what people want from the space they live in.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that automatically reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it. We are also revolutionising the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SAAS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
We may be only 7 years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first product, the connected Switchee thermostat is already in 100 of the UK’s biggest housing providers.
We’re growing 100% year on year and are backed by some of the best-known investors in technology and social impact. We are a small team of 43 passionate and ambitious people driven by a collective desire to make a positive impact in the housing sector, both for residents and landlords.
We are looking for a motivated individual to be an essential part of our team, supporting our marketing efforts and contributing to our mission of improving lives for people living in rented homes.
As part of our marketing team, you will help us accelerate the go-to-market strategy in the UK and as we scale, across Europe. In this role, you’ll develop and execute marketing campaigns and promotional initiatives to help us reach new and existing customers with clear and compelling messaging that inspires them to learn about, and adopt Switchee.
You’ll work with many teams across the organisation including Product Engineering, Business Development and Customer Success to shape the product road map, drive product launches and create the narratives to inspire the social housing industry. You’ll have a good sense of overall industry trends, and the competitive landscape, and apply this knowledge to our positioning and business materials.
More of your day-today
- Product positioning and messaging: develop and maintain differentiated positioning and messaging for the Switchee solution which can be used by the marketing team in omni-channel marketing activities.
- Sales enablement: communicate the value proposition of Switchee and work with teams across the business to develop sales tools that support the selling process of Switchee. This includes externally facing content such as presentations, brochures and info-sheets, as well as internally facing content such as market trends.
- Product launches and updates: Based on technical material from Product Engineering, create outward-facing messaging and content. Execute a variety of persona specific campaigns to launch these new features into the market.
- Demand generation & content creation: provide input into demand generation and campaign planning. Create thought leadership content to support campaigns, including white papers, blogs, webinars.
- Market intelligence: develop and maintain a detailed understanding of industry trends, competitor capabilities and customer needs.
- Support the wider marketing team to launch Switchee into European markets. This will include market research, developing the Go-to-market, localisation of content and execution across multiple channels.
- Communicate and share knowledge with industry experts and analysts to increase positive brand awareness.
- Support the team by attending events.
We are a company built on a strong technical foundation. You will need to be competent at picking up and explaining technical concepts to customers as well as be able to understand the Switchee’s product and services.
Who You Are
These are ideal but we don’t expect you to have all of them as we know people are less likely to apply for the role unless they tick all of the boxes. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Switchee, the most important thing is your willingness to learn:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build relationships with others.
- High attention to detail and a love of continuous learning and development.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines.
- Working with and managing a large variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of working with Hubspot.
- Ability to take complex, technical information and tailor it into highly impactful marketing material tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Product marketing experience within Tech/SaaS platforms
- Ability to design brand marketing assets and content for print and digital use.
- Content production (blog and whitepapers and case studies, marketing emails)
- Experience of working in a similar role at a growing startup.
- Experience communicating with social housing.
- Experience with domestic/home automation
- Experience/knowledge of working within Europe
As Switchee’s Product Marketing Manager you will have access to our career progression framework and great development opportunities. This role may evolve into a managerial position as the company scales.
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, and culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- You deeply care about Switchee’s mission; you have a desire to build something
revolutionary, that will disrupt an industry, and positively impact ordinary people’s lives.
- You care about the environment, are interested in energy efficiency and have thought about the challenges and opportunities posed by an evolving domestic energy market.
- You like technology and neat solutions to complex problems.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re “getting stuff done”.
- You’re open, positive and straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You celebrate your colleagues’ successes and thrive on your failures; you grasp any opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- Unlimited holiday policy + Bank Holidays so you can take as much as you want! No need to count those Winter break days anymore!
- Everyone at Switchee enjoys flexible working hours and is the master of their own routine.
- We have a remote-first Hybrid Working Model, with offices in Somerset House (Embankment).
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment to work from home in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- We socialise together with regular outings in London, Quarterly Company Off-sites and an annual “working remotely” trip where you have the option (but no obligation) to join us in working from a fun location.
- We are hosting regular Virtual Socials and keep finding creative ways of staying connected with each other.
- We provide an L&D budget and access to our Switchee Library, where you can request new books monthly.
- We provide access to ThanksBen – a platform with plentiful discounts and free virtual wellbeing sessions.
- We offer Spill, a Mental Health app at your fingertips, where you can get in touch with a therapist in record time.