International Republican Institute
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Accountant provides timely, collaborative, service-oriented support to program staff on all financial matters relevant to program implementation, including supporting all stages of program development and implementation from proposal budget preparation; on-going budget and expense reporting, tracking budgets to results, accruals and projections; to a program’s financial close-out, while keeping the program compliant with funder requirements and IRI policies. IRI is working to hire two Program Accountants.
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or business administration.
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal government circulars 2 CFR 200 (OMB A-110, A-122 and A-133).
- Strong written and oral communicator.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel independently in new environments.
- Willingness to learn software, systems, and processes and to take the initiative to understand, create, and refine best practices.
- Ability to prioritize various daily/weekly/monthly tasks and projects while working in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of electronic systems (including Cost Point, Cognos, Quicken, QuickBooks, Concur).
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to be detail-orientated and highly organized.
- Spanish and/or French is preferred but not required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Supports program staff with management and analysis of financials relevant to all grants within a portfolio
- Proactive oversight and analysis of budgets, expenditures (including procurement), accruals, pipelines, cost projections, and allocations
- Ensure fulfillment of each grant’s objectives and compliance with funder regulations, IRI policies.
- Supports proposal budget preparation, working with program and business development teams.
- Participates in program kick-off, on-going program implementation review, and close-out.
- Oversees the preparation of all financial reports required by funders and/or IRI management.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of funder’s and IRI’s financial policies and procedures, and serving as a resource for program teams.
- Reviews and processes expense submissions/reconciliations, and processes field office payments for the candidate’s assigned portfolio.
- Maintains knowledge of IRI program implementation in a respective division.
- Establishes, maintains, and develops productive working relationship with expatriate staff, local/field/project accountants, DC program and Program Services colleagues.
- Troubleshoots accounting problems; identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Assists with annual, funders’ and program audit preparation.
- Travels to field offices as needed to perform financial reviews and monitor internal controls.
- Performs other accounting tasks as assigned or deemed necessary.
How to apply
Please submit both resume and cover letter to the company website: Program Accountant | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.