Website FHI 360
Program and Technical Assistant
FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Program Assistant (PA) will perform and provide administrative, programmatic, and logistical support duties. S/he will require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures to communicate information regarding programs, functions, and services. S/he will prepare documents and reports, collect, and verify project and unit data, and summarize and reconcile information.
S/he will provide administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution. This will include editorial and branding support on project/unit deliverables. S/he will serve as a primary resource for assistance in the department.
The position will be based in the FHI 360 office in Durham, NC. The position will work with EIDHS staff in the FHI 360 HQ office and with regional and country field staff.
Responsibilities of the PA include, but are not limited to:
- Supports project managers to coordinate with internal units, such as finance, contracts, procurement, travel, etc., and assists program staff with requests from regional and country offices and other staff members.
- Maintains EIDHS unit SharePoint and project sites, Teams, Vine, and overall knowledge management.
- Supports technical visits, travel authorizations, and expense reports.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support EIDHS unit and project functions.
- Edit, format, and finalize publications, reports, presentations, and deliverables in compliance with submission requirements.
- Supports the preparation of EIDHS communication and marketing materials and presentations.
- Supports the organization and arrangements for EIDHS-led events and meetings.
- Coordinate consultant and other procurement processing; collecting and collating documentation, processing invoices, and documenting relevant files, managing consultant roster.
- Work with the CostPoint system to manage, process, and track invoices.
- Supports the documentation and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
- Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Assist with running financial reports and processing financial reclasses and other financial administrative duties.
- Supports capture proposal process and other business development efforts as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with program design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
- Knowledge in organization policy is a plus.
- Knowledge in organization reporting system and CostPoint is a plus.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Uses independent judgment in determining workflow and priorities.
- Will not supervise any staff.
Education and experience
- Associate Degree or its International Equivalent – Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- 0-2 years of programs and administrative support experience.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required and French preferred.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the USA.
Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.