Website FHI 360
Job Title: Program Manager, EpiC COVID-19 Global Fund
Responsible to: Program Director, EpiC COVID-19
Administratively Responsible for: Program Officer, EpiC COVID-19 Global Fund
Country Representative; Program Managers, EpiC COVID-19; Program Officers, EpiC COVID-19; Administrative Officer; Grants Manager; Lab Specialist; SI Specialist, EpiC COVID-19
ABOUT FHI 160:
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 implements the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). EpiC receives COVID-19 funding to prevent, prepare for, respond to and bolster health systems to address COVID-19 and reduce cases of re-emergence. Currently, EpiC and its consortium members implement COVID-19 activities in more than 60 countries across the world including Papua New Guinea (PNG).
We are currently seeking qualified candidate for the position of: Program Manager, EpiC COVID-19 Global Fund.
The Program Manager will provide day-to-day supervision of implementation of the COVID-19 Global Fund Response Mechanism. S/he will be responsible for programmatic and management support to the activity, under the direction of the Program Director. The Program Manager He/she will support the development and operationalization of SOPs; support monitoring and evaluation activities and coordinate with partners and stakeholders on activity implementation and follow up. The Program Manager will work closely with internal teams in providing high level timely reporting of intervention activities and information on progress of project implementation. S/he will supervise and mentor the Program Officer and junior staff on project management approaches and communications.
- Analyse and understand the relevant development context of the COVID-19 Global Fund activity, contributing programme-level knowledge to country office program development and implementation.
- Ensure effective engagement with partners and stakeholders to ensure seamless collaboration and coordination and to inform FHI 360 interventions .
- Oversee monitoring of project activities against project timelines and workplan, identify additional resources required, as needed.
Program Planning, Implementation and Review
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating the day-to-day COVID-19 Global Fund response mechanism activities.
- Work with project partners and laboratories in coordinating activities for lab assessments, lab systems strengthening and improved lab surveillance systems.
- Represent the organization in technical working groups, health cluster and review meetings.
- Ensure effective support is provided for timely response to laboratory technical assistance needs and ongoing lab assessments.
- Ensures high technical standards are used to guide the technical and programmatic aspects of work plans and activities.
- In collaboration with M&E staff, ensure data collection tools are periodically reviewed, qualitative and quantitative data is collected and systematically collated
- Ensure monthly qualitative and quantitative reports are provided as per FHI 360 standards and timelines.
- Develop a procurement plan for the Global Fund activity in coordination with Operations staff and monitor effective implementation against set timelines.
- Review requests for quotes and requests for consultant services for the activity, as needed.
- Support the development of scopes of work for additional partners and consultants, as needed.
- Manage consultants and oversee their timely reporting, as needed.
- Motivate and lead the team in meeting project objectives and developing capacity of staff.
- Manage direct line reports within a clear performance management framework, and to facilitate their individual development plans in order to optimise team performance.
- Promote a positive culture of high performance, customer service, continuous improvement, two-way communication, and teamwork.
Finance and Resource Management
- Ensure monthly financial reports are submitted on time and forecasted expenses are accounted for and in-line with implementation plans.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, assist in monitoring financial expenditure as per the workplan and the standards set in the FHI 360 Country Office Management Manual
- Fulfil other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by immediate supervisor or Country Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in public health, health sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- 4-5 years’ project management experience in public health with a proven track record of successful program strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Technical experience in health programming and coordination.
- Previous experience working in laboratory systems strengthening or COVID 19 projects preferred.
- Ability to monitor projects, set priorities and plan for the successful program.
- Experience in mentorship, coaching and supervision of staff.
- Proven ability to build and effectively manage and motivate a diverse team; monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the program through quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Strong interpersonal, adaptability and management skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Experience in a Non-Government Organization is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, coordinate diverse activities, work well with others and to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong analytical, problem solving, and reasoning abilities.
- Strong English language writing and oral communication skills.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Country Office – Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.