Website Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
NORCAP aims at solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships, promote more effective ways of working and provide skilled experts to strengthen capacity. NORCAP’s mission is to improve aid to better protect and empower people affected by crisis and climate change. NORCAP is a part of Norwegian Refugee Council.
NORCAP has an ambitious goal to support increased climate resilience and environmental sustainability for people. Since 2015, we have worked to strengthen climate services in East and West Africa, to improve the quality and usage of weather information to increase climate resilience for people. We are now expanding our work within climate action and will over the coming years be developing expertise on climate adaptation programming and approaches for the humanitarian and development sector.
We are looking for a Programme Coordinator that will support our work on climate services and climate adaptation approaches. The Programme Coordinator will work in the Section for Innovation Business Development and Analysis in NORCAP’s Head Office in Oslo and be part of a team structure. The coordinator will support the development and implementation of NORCAP’s strategy for 2022 to 2025, relevant action plans and projects.
- Supporting the monitoring, implementation and reporting of relevant projects in accordance with strategic plans, grant agreements, result frameworks and budgets
- Follow up on result frameworks for the projects and contribute to reports for donors, reports
- Support in following up on climate deployments and implementation in line with the project results framework, analyse the delivery against project targets and make necessary adjustments and improvements in delivery where required to meet the project targets.
- Provide input to NORCAP and NRC advocacy messages and information material within climate services and climate adaptation
- Contribute to planning and implementation of community of practice
- Contribute to organising internal and external events and workshops
- Support research and analysis of technical and thematic priorities, and emerging trends, fields and geographic regions of importance for the area of responsibility
- Support in developing new initiatives and programmes in the areas of climate services, climate adaptation and DRR, including fundraising
- Support fundraising in the assigned thematic areas.
- Support the scale up and quality assurance of the existing programme
Please access the full Job Description for more details about the role.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Relevant graduate or professional qualification
- Knowledge and experience of working with climate services and adaptation
- Experience of working with people in complex environments
- Experience from communication/advocacy an asset
- Experience with working with team structures, donor reporting and with field based colleagues an asset
We can offer
- Challenging and meaningful work in a highly recognised humanitarian organisation.
- A fixed term contract until 31.12.2023, with competitive salary and benefits according to local terms and conditions, including contributions to pension fund.
- Flexible working environment in a dynamic office at Head Office, Oslo.
Please include all relevant employment history and education when completing your application.
For more information about the role, please contact: Director Innovation, Business Development and Analysis, NORCAP, Nina Meyer Stensholt / [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.