Salary– £36,000 per annum
Fixed term contract until 31st December 2023 with possibility of extension
Interview date 4th-5th October
Start date– ASAP
ShelterBox is searching for an experienced humanitarian professional with previous programme management experience to join our agile and effective International Programmes Department. This is a transformational and impactful role. The successful candidate will manage urgent priority activities and international programmes/projects, ensuring we deliver high quality, impactful outcomes at speed and scale for the people we support.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Programme Manager will lead on emergency preparedness and programme delivery within the South Asia, primarily Afghanistan and Pakistan. This will include taking the lead on the Pakistan Floods Recovery Programme and developing and managing ShelterBox work in Afghanistan. Aligning with wider regional strategy, the Programme Manager will create a longer-term strategic vision and direction for continuing support within their designated area of responsibility. They will also lead on strategic humanitarian relationships within this area to help maximise ShelterBox’s programme impact and influence.
This role will also work closely with the Programme Quality team, to continue to measure the quality and impact of our work. The Programme Manager will also support a programme funding strategy for their designated area of responsibility, working closely with the Programme Funding team in developing sustainable programmatic funding opportunities.
The Department has recently completed an operational review, which will form the basis of strategic and departmental changes for growth, building on a significant increase in programme size in 2022. This role will be expected to support the Director in the aim of leading and delivering greater scale in our programmes.
The role will also encompass high-level relationship building and advocacy with partner organisations to consolidate the reputation and position of ShelterBox within the humanitarian sector.
This role will be joining a fast-paced organisation realigning itself for further growth in the face of mounting humanitarian needs. We look forward to welcoming candidates who share our passion and teamwork to achieve this.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Establish and manage programmes within assigned area in line with the organisational and regional strategy. Working closely with the Regional Director to ensure quality, timely, impactful, and on-budget programme/project implementation.
- Take a leading role in supporting emergency preparedness activities in the Region
- Ensuring that programme delivery within assigned areas are led and informed by community needs and operational partners analysis
- Creation of the strategic vision and direction. Work closely with the Programme Funding Team to build the appropriate Business Development strategy to secure the resources necessary for realisation.
- Ensure programme quality through consistent use throughout the area programmes of rigorous assessment, design, proposal development and review processes; comprehensive monitoring & evaluation, accountability and learning systems; staff development, and partner capacity strengthening
- Ensure leadership and management processes enable ShelterBox to effectively adapt to contextual changes and remain current on national and regional issues impacting the country programmes and partners.
- Initiate and sustain strong, mutually beneficial, and authentic partnerships with local and international organisations.
- Work closely with the Safety & Security Advisor to prioritise the safety of our teams and our deployments. Adapt to evolving issues that could adversely affect ShelterBox staff or programme delivery.
- Maintain effective and coordinated budget management, working closely with the Programme Funding team and Director of Finance. Ensure monitoring processes are in place for grant funds/donor specific requirements.
- Prioritise ‘do no harm’ principles. Ensure those who encounter ShelterBox as a result of our activities are safeguarded from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings which place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm.
- Maintain exacting standards in all aspects of ShelterBox’s activities so that the reputation of the organisation is protected in the view of donors, partners and the people we support.
- Lead a culture which actively promotes improvements in its practices, processes, and outcomes, across all aspects of its work, seeking feedback from all stakeholders.
- Provide timely updates to Regional Director/Deputy Director/International Programmes Director on programme/project delivery and impact.
- Work away from home, this may be UK or overseas training or deployment to your designated regions. You may be required to deploy for up to 40% of your time within your region, in any calendar year.
How to apply
If you are interested, please follow the link to our jobs page