Website United Nations World Food Programme - WFP Ethiopia
WFP Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: UN Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: First Degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Finance, Public Administration, Governance & Public Policy, International Relations, or development studies.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years of work experience, 3 of which should be in partnerships/budget management, agreement formulation, or equivalent roles.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written communication in the English language.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Position: Programme Policy Officer (Partnerships Management) and National Staff Counsellor.
Requirement Full Details
Programme Policy Officer (Partnerships Management) Post
- First Degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Finance, Public Administration, Governance & Public Policy, International Relations, or development studies
- At least 5 years of work experience, 3 of which should be in partnerships/budget management, agreement formulation, or equivalent roles.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in the English language
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, especially word processing and spreadsheet
- Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used, gained through technical training and work experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret programmatic and financial data
- Good communication skills to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals within WFP and externally
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions; and
- experience in coordinating the work of others and self, training, and supporting others
National Staff Counsellor Post
- Advanced university degree in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, Sociology, with at least 2 years professional work experience in a related field OR a university degree with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in the related field.
- Experience in hardship duty stations providing counselling services to staff working in difficult and hazardous environments is required.
- Specialist expertise in the assessment of mental health needs and the assessment of risk.
- Broad knowledge of all facets of counselling services and demonstrated skills to create a trusted environment in which others can talk confidentially.
- Ability to manage crisis situations which involve diverse actors and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify clients’ needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of both genders and diverse national and cultural backgrounds.
- Skills in designing and delivering trainings/information sessions on a number of subjects and ability to adapt those to different audiences.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Amharic is required. Fluency in other local language is an added advantage.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with WFP Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].