- Full Time
- New Delhi, India
- Oct 11, 2022
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
The Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is an integral part of UNESCO and is a specialized Category-I institute that works on education for peace and sustainable development to foster global citizenship. MGIEP’s Policy Team works with all projects at the Institute in pursuit of policy change at different levels which would facilitate the achievement towards SDG Target 4.7 on education for peace and sustainable development. MGIEP also strives to impact education policy discourses beyond 2030, the target year of SDGs, by working closely with academic and scientific communities as well as with national education policymakers and other stakeholders.
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO MGIEP and the direct supervision of the Head of Policy and Advocacy, the National Project Officer will contribute to identifying, through quantitative and qualitative policy reviews and analysis, strategic entry points for engaging with the UNESCO Member States. The National Project Officer would undertake the following responsibilities:
Contribute to policy analysis and development in the context of Education:
- Contribute to the identification of relevant policy issues within the SDG4 and the broader educational agenda.
- Assist to define and document policy issues and provide potential solutions drawing from the science of learning, traditional education, and supporting evidence.
- Use a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods, ensuring the credibility of information and evidence sourced.
- Maintain awareness of local and global policy developments within the educational sphere.
- Draft or contribute to the development of a range of policy and associated documents within SDG 4 and in particular SDG 4.7.
- Identify other policy issues that might shape education policy reform (like employment or fiscal policies).
Support policy implementation, monitoring, and evaluation:
- Contribute to the development of supporting infrastructure and processes for policy implementation.
- Undertake research and analysis to support policy advice
- Summarize information and evidence via minutes, briefs, submissions, reports, or updates.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and ensure effective communication.
- Maintain accurate records of policy advice, including key discussions, and decisions in the form of electronic notes.
- Review relevant academic literature on policy implementation and evaluation, especially in education.
- Contribute to the discussion and design of a framework for education policy implementation.
- Support in the development of indicators to monitor and support policy implementation.
Stakeholder Consultation and Programme Management:
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans, budgets for projects, align policy plans and objectives with the Institute’s objectives and deliverables, and with UNESCO’s relevant Main Line of Actions.
- Collaborate with other Missions at the institute to help identify a relevant intended policy implication of various projects.
- Liaise and develop synergies with key actors and partners including Head Quarters, Field Offices, and other Category 1 and 2 Institutes of UNESCO, UNESCO National Commissions as well as universities and research centers.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of stakeholder engagement mechanisms for policy design, implementation, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Commitment to the Organization’s mandate, vision, strategic direction, and priorities.
- Excellent understanding of trends in the education sector.
- Ability to use methods and tools to monitor context triggers and determine the impact of various dynamics in education outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Integrity, reliability, and sense of commitment in the execution of duties.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, to manage heavy workloads and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Excellent diplomatic skills and multicultural sensitivity.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in Education, Policy Studies, Public Policy, International Relations, Social Sciences, Sciences of Learning, or other education-related sciences.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the field of education related to research, policy, teaching, curriculum development, pedagogy, social and emotional learning, and/or planning in a governmental, multilateral, academic, or civil society organization.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and good knowledge of Hindi.
Tagged as: Program and Project Management
To apply for this job please visit careers.unesco.org.
- List colleges registered by Nacte in Tanzania
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Officer, Equality and Rights for All, Ethiopia
- 4 Job Opportunities at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania –…
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- SYRIA – FSL COORDINATOR (H/F) – AMMAN