- Full Time
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Oct 4, 2022
World Intellectual Property Organization
Apply By: 04-10-2022
The post is located in the Program of Global Awards, Copyright and Creative Industry Sector. WIPO’s Global Awards program recognizes exceptional enterprises and individuals using intellectual property (IP) to make a positive impact. The program is rooted in WIPO’s mission to ensure a world where innovation and creativity from anywhere is supported by IP for the good of everyone. The awards recognize and support those whose skills contribute to progress and improve other people’s lives. Each year, the independent international jury evaluates a large number of self-nominated candidates from WIPO’s Member States and establishes a group of winners. A different theme is chosen for each year’s awards program.
The incumbent is responsible for the design, planning and implementation of deliverables associated with the new program of Global Awards, ensuring that all the activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Director of the Program of WIPO Awards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
- Develop proposals for consideration by the Director of the Program to optimize the concept of the Global Awards Program, taking into account new categories to be included (IP-Youth and IP-Women) including the webpage and awards branding. Conduct research and provide recommendations to improve the measurement indicators for the evaluation of submissions made by contenders.
- In collaboration with relevant communication areas, develop and implement a communication strategy, taking into account the need to reach out to all types of audiences, in all geographical regions and IP industries and sectors. As part of implementing the communications strategy, develop appropriate content to promote the awards program.
- Assist in the provision of support to members of the international jury in the selection of winners by participating in a first evaluation of proposals and providing a short list of candidates based on established criteria. Prepare an initial plan for the awards ceremony. Implement all logistics as well as promotion of finalists and winners through the organization of interviews and other communications activities and panel discussions.
- Research and identify international experts on IP and commercialization of the Global Awards mentor’s pool and coordinate the implementation of their contractual modalities. Support the design and implementation of customized mentor programs for the winners of the contest. Act as liaison between beneficiaries and mentors.
- Identify and liaise with external sponsors for the Program, including private or public institutions, from all regions, with the objective of facilitating the access of contest winners to sources of finance and commercial partnerships for their undertaking.
- Promote the exchange between winners, mentors and sponsors by setting up and conducting appropriate activities and events.
- Identify, collect and analyze key figures of the awards contest and the coaching program and define suitable measures depending on the findings.
- Assist in the implementation of the WIPO National Awards Program by managing requests for submission of awards and certificates by inventors and creators organized by Member States.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- First-level university degree in business administration, law, management, communications, social sciences or a related field.
- Advanced university degree in business administration, law, management, communication, social sciences or a related field.
- Certification in project management.
- At least six years of professional experience, ideally in the areas of management, communication, marketing, fundraising and related areas, at the national and international levels.
- At least two years of project management experience ideally in the domain of commercial promotion of technological and / or creative enterprises.
- Experience working in start-up accelerators or angel investors’ networks.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Spanish or French.
Tagged as: Program and Project Management
To apply for this job please visit %20https.
- How to Copyright a Name or Anything in Tanzania?
- Consultant - Baseline/Needs Assessment
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- PROJECT MANAGER - LEARN
- UK-PHRST Project Manager
- Director, Air Navigation Bureau, D2
- Project Coordinator (Integrated project: Grants projects)
- Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)…
- SYRIA – FSL COORDINATOR (H/F) – AMMAN
- Communication and Advocacy Officer