Website International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req28456
Job Title: Refugee.Info Program Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Athens, Greece
- Refugee.Info program management and supervision
- Work closely with and support the Editorial and Communications Manager in identifying priorities for content creation
- Ensure the project activities are on track and implemented according to IRC and donor guidelines
- Manage the projects’ budget, in accordance with IRC and donor procedures, and ensure spending is on track
- Liaise with external actors, NGOs, UN agencies and local authorities when needed
- Attend coordination meetings with IRC and external bodies (various Working Groups)
- Provide support in deploying Signpost tools to handover partner based on jointly identified needs
- Contact, establish and maintain relationships with local Authorities and NGOs working in Greece and providing essential services to asylum seekers, refugees and migrants
- Foster collaboration and coordination with Refugee.Info’s partners
- Building a network of contacts who can support information verification
- Conduct field visits and assist in content development at field level as needed
- Identifying and flagging messages from the especially vulnerable and following through to ensure they receive appropriate protection technical oversight
- Monitor developments vis-à-vis the Ukrainian conflict and develop activities, proposals to address the needs of new arrivals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners;
- Assess and suggest improvements in the partnership modelEnsure compliance of partners with programmatic deliverables and regular performance monitoring of partners to achieve the set project’s objectives;
- Ensure regular technical or other type of support and guidance to partners in accordance with partnership agreements;
- Ensure all internal IRC procedures with regards to partnerships are being followed.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Provide bi-weekly and/or monthly group supervision sessions to staff members;
- Provide weekly one on one support to direct reports;
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews;
- Undertake the recruitment and onboarding of Rfugee.Info staff, according to IRC HR policies and procedures;
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills;
- Supporting report writing and proposal development by regularly seeking and sharing success stories.
- S/He is in charge of the implementation of the Refugee.Info Greece grants
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes;
- Manage staff that report into monitoring and evaluation systems in order to ensure data quality and timeliness in reporting;
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports;
- Ensure high-quality programming according to international minimum standards and best practices;
- Support data analysis and information dissemination to the appropriate coordinating mechanisms, field teams, beneficiaries and IRC implementing teams accordingly.
- Provide representation for the Refugee.Info Greece in meetings.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
- Postgraduate in a relevant field, including Political or Social Sciences, international law, human rights law, international relations, other related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years work experience in project management, within the “refugee crisis” in Greece
- Proven ability to learn quickly, help achieve stated results and objectives
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Fluent Greek and English required
- Knowledge of local and national actors in Greece, including government agencies and non-profit organizations involved in refugee response.
- Experience managing partnerships across organizations highly desired, including designing partnership models and assessing partner organization capacities.
- Familiarity with Communicating with Communities (CwC) and/or community engagement approaches a plus.
- Knowledge of social media, website building, familiarity with tech tools and proactive engagement with key performance indicators on social media/websites, IT skills considered a plus
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.