Website Norwegian Refugee Council
Description for Internal Candidates
The purpose of the Advocacy Manager: Neglected Crises is the overall responsibility for the implementation of the Amplifying Advocacy for Neglected Crises project in the East Africa and Yemen Region. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Responsible for adherence to relevant NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Establish and strengthen strategic advocacy networks and alliances
- Responsible for monitoring and analysis of the humanitarian situation, emerging trends and displacement patterns as relevant
- Ensure consistency of strategy and messaging across countries included in the Amplifying Advocacy for Neglected Crises project
- Carry out capacity building for CO teams
- Carry out other duties of temporary character appointed by the Regional Head of Advocacy
- Contribute specific deliverables to the overall strategy for the Amplifying Advocacy for Neglected Crises project
- Develop, steer, and implement a region-and or country specific advocacy strategy and ensure that objectives from Amplifying Advocacy for Neglected Crises project are reflected
- Develop, manage, and lead on specific research activities with the aim of providing analysis and evidence to support the Amplifying Advocacy for Neglected Crises project
- Accountable for drafting policy and advocacy products such as briefing notes, position papers, talking points, key messages, and ad-hoc reports as relevant.
- Ensure internal communication and alignment with relevant NRC units and departments with the view of developing consistent policy positions.
- Draft press releases and social media output
- Seek to develop alliances with local NGOs for advocacy on neglected crises
- Represent the Amplifying Advocacy for Neglected Crises project, as relevant, in meetings with policymakers and carry out briefings, including in key European capitals
- Minimum five years relevant professional experience within the humanitarian, development, human rights, foreign policy, or similar field;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, preferably in the East Africa region
- Documented experience with humanitarian advocacy and the production of high-standard written materials (i.e. reports, briefing notes, position papers, talking points and key messages)
- Documented experience with relevant thematic areas (displacement, durable solutions, protection, food security, humanitarian space), including through conducting research.
- Ability to work with a wide range of actors, including government and regional entities
- Experience in carrying out assessments and focus group discussions
- Documented/proven results related to other key elements of the position’s responsibilities
- Strong understanding of the international humanitarian system, policy and practice;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
For more information, here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: Fixed
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified candidates of All Nationalities!
How to apply
All interested applicants are invited to Apply Here
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.