Website SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND
The Search for Common Ground Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to Search management and programs and by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles.
The international finance team has purview for facilitation of timely and accurate reporting of financial and budgetary information from the international country offices to the headquarter office in Washington, DC and donors by guiding and reviewing the work of the country office finance staff and advising the Country Directors in the country offices.
- Facilitate timely and accurate month end process.
- Guide and review the work of the finance staff and advise the Country Directors in the country field offices.
- Provide monthly ratings to the field office based on monthly compliance review.
- Closely monitor the regional liquidity that all programs are liquidity.
- Responsible for all financial management support for the assigned region.
- Monitor compliance in field accounting procedures
- Ensure that all financial processes in a Country Office are in accordance with Search’s financial and procurement policies.
- Support in selection of Country Finance staff, particularly manager level
- Coordinate the designing of grants and contract budgets with the project team, ensure appropriate sign-off and processes for accuracy and reliability.
- Participate in project start up and close out calls including leading the finance section for the new award startup meeting.
- Supervise the overall month end process and work with Country Offices for timely closing of books. This includes:
a. monitoring of country office balance sheets and ensure that balances are adequately supported by reviewing reconciliation packages
b. perform periodic checks on the country office database to ensure currency clearing and proper maintenance of the Intacct database chart of accounts, etc.
- Suggest improvements in financial, accounting, and internal control policies and procedures in coordination with the International Finance management team.
- Supervise field-based donor audits with support from the Country Office finance manager and relevant International finance team members .
- Coordinate with Search external auditors during field offices audit.
- Ensure that management is aware of financial, administrative and/or procurement issues that may impact country office performance and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide technical guidance and support as requested by the country offices
- Ensure timely dissemination of new initiatives and policies to the field and monitoring of implementation
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated.
- Prepare and review internal financial reports and ensure that management at HQ and the regional and country office level are kept abreast of financial related issues of the country offices
- Periodic visits to Country Offices to carry out and follow up on internal control routines
- Ensure up to date maintenance of grant files and Grant set up in the financial system (Intacct)
DONOR REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE REVIEW
- Ensure the monthly review of grant tracking sheets to monitor grants spending.
- Participate in the monthly budget vs actual report and document the meeting.
- Provide technical support to country Finance Directors/Managers in producing and reading the different grant monitoring reports from Intacct.
- Work closely with program staff in maintaining monthly burn rate as per planning.
- Provide guidance on specific donor requirements to the Country Office to avoid any donor disallowances.
- Provide contract review for all donor grants before signing, as well as contract review for sub-grants and review and sign-off on donor financial reports
BUDGETING & PLANNING:
- Perform the final financial review of the proposal budgets and budget narrative prior to submission to HQ approval.
- Support program staff in preparing monthly/quarterly restricted revenue projections.
- Upload approved budget to Intacct
- Ensure that each Country Office maintains correct and updated budget vs actual reports.
- Responsible for finalizing grant closeouts for all donors in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Country Offices have an updated operating budget.
TREASURY SUPPORT TO FIELD OFFICES
- Support Controller office in reviewing country office receivables balances to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up
- Liaison with HQ for Country offices monthly cash request for funds.
- Ensure that each Country office develops their own cash flow and constantly maintains it.
- Work with Field office finance staff for timely recording of cash receipts.
- Approve sub-grants payments as per authorization matrix
STAFF CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
- Provide training in the area of donor compliance to finance and non-finance staff.
- Participate in regional meetings (Program, finance, logistics, etc.) as requested and when available
- Support Country Directors and HR with the recruitment of high-quality finance staff by conducting interviews and providing assessments of candidates’ technical skills
- Participate in identifying and developing high performing financial staff (expatriate and national staff)
- Provide induction training to newly hired Finance Managers
PROJECT FINANCIAL STATUS MONITOR
- Leads and conducts reviews of monthly country office financial report submissions for assigned portfolio, including:
- Petty Cash & Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Registers (pending General Ledger transactions)
- Payroll and related Tax/Withholding entries
- Liquidations of Employee & Partner Advances
- Reconciliation with Corporate G/L for country office activity
- Ensuring adequacy of supporting documentation, appropriate cost accounting allocations, proper project and account code
Monitors timely liquidation of partner advances and reconciliation.
Infuses organizational values into all work.Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
COMPETENCY BEHAVIOR INDICATORS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Manages overall strategy and vision. Provides functional and program/project management. Anticipates and plans for needs and takes action accordingly. Provides guidance to direct reports or matrixed team members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with vendors, organizations, professional associations, partners, funders, and Search’s network of experts critical to the area of purview.
- Modifies a planned course of action in response to new information or new circumstances.
- Responds to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Articulates Search/function program/project goals and objectives within and external to Search. Develops program objectives that reflect broader Search strategies and approaches.
- Provides input for standards across functions globally within Shared Services teams and with a view from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Overcomes obstacles using ethical practices; formulates and evaluates morally and ethically justified solutions.
- Assesses risks and opportunities to lead decision makers to a favorable outcome.
- Checks the accuracy of one’s own and others’ work and sets up systematic checks and balances to support content and data integrity.
- Has knowledge of project management tools including technology as resources for efficiency and reduction of stress.
- Works with employees to set and communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success in making a decision.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to staff.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants on-site and in the field and resolves problem situations with tact.
- Represents, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
- Interacts with the country office and regional staff.
Education and Experience
Typically BS/BA with minimum 9 years’ experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel internationally at least 20%.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility
May supervise one or more staff members.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
EU citizenship is required for placement in our Brussels office
Les descriptifs de pouvant ne pouvant être exhaustifs, le titulaire du poste pourra être amené à entreprendre d’autres tâches qui correspondent globalement aux responsabilités clés ci-dessus.
Seuls les candidats invités à un entretien seront contactés. Pas d’appels téléphoniques s’il vous plaît. Veuillez consulter notre site Web www.sfcg.org pour tous les détails de notre mission.
Tous les employés de Search doivent adhérer aux valeurs de Search : Collaboration- Audace – Ténacité – Empathie – Résultats. Conformément à ces valeurs, Search fait respecter le code de conduite et les politiques connexes sur la lutte contre le harcèlement au travail, la protection contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection des enfants, les conflits d’intérêts et la lutte contre la fraude. Search s’engage à préserver les intérêts, les droits et le bien-être des enfants, des jeunes et des adultes vulnérables avec lesquels elle est en contact et à mener ses programmes et ses opérations d’une manière qui soit sûre pour les enfants, les jeunes et les adultes vulnérables.
Search for Common Ground ne fait pas et ne doit pas faire de discrimination fondée sur la race, la couleur, la religion (croyance), le sexe, l’expression de genre, l’âge, l’origine nationale (ascendance), le handicap, l’état matrimonial, l’orientation sexuelle ou le statut militaire, dans aucune de ses activités ou opérations.
Consultez notre code de conduite ici et notre politique de confidentialité ici.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.