Website International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Requisition ID: req28369
Job Title: Regional Program Officer, GEDI
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
As a Regional Gender, Diversity, Equality, & Inclusion (GEDI) Program Officer (PO) for Resettlement, Asylum, and Integration (RAI), you will inspire groundbreaking change across the region. This exciting new role will challenge existing practices and create space for bottom-up learning and influence. You will strive to improve RAI GEDI policies and procedures by assembling insights from program offices across the U.S. and Europe.
This position will support their region in identifying GEDI priorities while guiding program offices and colleagues in mainstreaming and integrating our GEDI principles into all operational initiatives. The position will craft and implement GEDI training and support office-wide initiatives to drive internal change and a universal understanding of equal practices for the workplace. The Program Officer will report to a Regional Director and collaborate within a GEDI team to improve tools that support analysis and program design.
Planning and Strategy Implementation (40%)
· Identify priorities for the development of a comprehensive regional GEDI Action Plan, in collaboration with RAI regional leadership.
· Influence the integration of GEDI priorities in key business processes, such as Strategic Action Plans (SAPs) and relevant implementation plans.
· Implement GEDI-related policies and practices in partnership with RAI GEDI team.
· Advise the RAI GEDI Director on regional GEDI priorities, action plans, and progress
Staff Engagement and Development (30%)
· Support building a community of ERGs and champions at all levels
· Support Regional and Program Office leadership in developing and implementing the best approach to ensure significant engagement and two-way communication around GEDI including developing shared contextual understanding of concepts, challenges, and priorities.
· Strive for improved GEDI learning by collaborating with regional leadership to integrate approaches to monitoring and evaluation.
· Contribute to building events such as workshops, conversations, and speaker series
· Improve diverse representation and inclusion in regional forums, the GEDI council, and conferences focusing on GEDI and other related fields.
· Other duties as assigned.
Technical Support and Information Management (30%)
· Serve as a resource, progressive thought partner, and assessor of GEDI-related progress
· Provide technical support to regional GEDI initiatives/projects with mentorship from the RAI GEDI Director.
· Coordinate with the GEDI team and other Technical Advisors on conducting Gender Analyses and applying GEDI markers where and when relevant.
· Coordinate with program office teams to determine solutions and/or obtain the technical support needed to achieve their GEDI priorities.
· Build GEDI capacity and understanding in the region to ensure adequate knowledge across staff on basic GEDI and feminist principles, mechanisms, and language.
Key Working Relationships:
Direct Reporting: One of the RAI Regional Directors
Indirect Reporting: RAI GEDI Director
Partnership and Consultation: Regional HR Director, Regional Safety and Security Advisor, Sectoral and relevant Technical Advisors, and Regional Executive and Deputy Directors, RAI GEDI Core Team
· Bachelor’s degree in a social sciences-related field, or equivalent.
· 4+ years of related non-profit and/or administrative work experience desirable. Some field experience is a plus.
· Experience contributing to talent development by conducting training and capacity building workshops
· Experience crafting new programs with the ability to turn vision and strategy into measurable action.
Desired Skills and Competencies
· Ability to work proactively, independently, and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Continuously striving to improve comprehension of gender analysis and gender-sensitive program design and implementation.
· Excellent project management and partner engagement
· Clear verbal and written communication with the ability to translate raw data into comprehensive presentations
· Excellent digital literacy in MS Word, Excel, and file sharing.
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
· Remote & standard office environment
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Respect in the Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.