Website World Health Organization (WHO)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
WHO is the directing and coordinating technical authority for health. WHO recognizes that effective, integrated and coordinated communication is integral to carrying out WHO’s goal to build a better, healthier future for people all over the world. The objectives of WHO communications at country level are oriented towards enhancing the appetite for, and accessibility of, information relating to health issues of concern and encouraging behavior changing activities based on this sharing of information. All communications staff across all offices are committed to making sure that WHO’s information, advice, and guidance effectively reaches key audiences to protect the health of individuals, families, communities and nations. Overall, this post will strengthen WHO’s communication capacity, with an emphasis on digital communications on public health issues of local, national and international concern.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Officer and general guidance of the Planning Officer, the incumbent will:
- Develop grant proposals and reports, in collaboration with technical teams. This may include editing language, creating graphics and statistical summaries and ensuring quality and compliance with donor requirements.
- Write a variety of reports, such as country case studies, summaries and highlights of WHO Indonesia’s work, summarizing survey results and technical guidance documents.
- Consult with technical teams to design overall presentation of content, graphic elements and layout for publications to present WHO’s interventions.
- Produce feature stories and technical documents to present WHO’s work to stakeholders through publications, in close collaboration with technical programmes. This may include collecting content, comparing old and revised guidance, researching relevant reports and background documents to verify accuracy of technical information, and data presentation and interpretation.
- Coordinate closely with the communications team on joint projects, including designing infographics, photo editing and developing a photo library in line with technical activities.
- Attend and report on relevant meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
Essential : Relevant Master’s degree in health/public health or, communication, journalism, English literature or related field
Desirable : Post-graduate studies or PhD in health/public health or, communication, journalism, English literature or related field
Essential : Minimum two years’ relevant professional experience in English language content writing and editing.
- Four or more years relevant professional experience in English language copy-editing and content writing, editing, creative writing, ideally an international context.
- Experience in health/public health or research
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Proven organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Expert knowledge of English
- Expert knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Advanced level of MS Word and PowerPoint;
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Closing Date: Oct 13, 2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.