Website Plan International
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: https://plancanada.ca/careers
Plan International Canada
|Reports to:||Manager, Donor Care|
|Location:||Temporarily remote; Toronto or remote-based in Greater Toronto Area preferred|
|Status:||Part Time, Temporary Contract|
|Level of Contact with Children:||B|
The Donor Care team is an integral part of Plan International Canada as it supports the care, retention and acquisition of our donor portfolio. Working collaboratively within a team of creative, high energy and like-minded individuals, the ideal candidate will bring an innovative and professional approach to the team and embody the vision and mission of Plan International Canada.
What success looks like?
- Provide exceptional customer service, have empathy and build rapport to make every interaction meaningful through phone, email, written correspondence and live chat
- Ensure optimum performance and first call resolution through active listening, adaptable conversational skills and persuasive questions
- Re-engage lapsed donors, retain existing donors and build donor loyalty by providing recommendations and alternative solutions to maintain a donor’s financial contribution
- Continuously educate and inform donors about the impact Plan International Canada is having around the world, enabled through their generosity
- Contribute to the success of Plan International Canada’s campaigns through process improvements and donation processing
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Previous non-profit/fundraising experience is preferred
- Experience with sales calls, community outreach, customer service and/or the tele-service industry is an asset
- Accurate data entry skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, excellent database, email software and spreadsheet management experience
- Goal oriented work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and self-motivated to spend approximately 80% of the day on the phone
- Demonstrated persuasion, influencing and verbal communication skills
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
- Bilingual fluency in English and French is considered an asset
- Adaptable work schedule including availability for shifts during the following hours of operation: 8am-12am, Monday-Friday and 9am-6pm, Saturday and Sunday
*Anticipated schedule to start is Monday to Friday 10 am-6pm
How to Apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity at Plan International Canada, please apply with your resume and cover letter to https://plancanada.ca/apply by October 31, 2022.
Plan International Canada is a hybrid workplace. You will work from the office and from home.
Plan International Canada hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and to providing an inclusive workplace. Plan International Canada especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you have a disability that may affect your ability to perform in a role in which you are interested, we will be happy to discuss with you what adjustments or arrangements we can make to accommodate your needs. If your disability is likely to affect you adversely within the application process itself, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) by emailing [email protected] so that we can consider any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Plan International Canada requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to self-declare they are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Plan International Canada has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact [email protected] to discuss further.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.