Website Lowy Institute
Research Fellows (multiple positions)
The Lowy Institute, Australia’s leading international policy think tank, has three exciting Research Fellow positions available as it embarks on a substantial new initiative expanding its work on the increasingly complex development challenges facing the Indo-Pacific region, encompassing the developing economies of Southeast Asia, the Pacific, and South Asia.
To support this new program of work, the Institute is recruiting multiple Research Fellows with expertise in one or more of the following thematic areas, including capabilities in one or more sub-areas and the ability to apply this in the context of developing economies in the Indo-Pacific:
- Climate change: including renewable energy, climate finance, resilience and adaptation, and international policy aspects.
- Digital economy: including automation, financial inclusion, e-commerce, innovation, and international policy aspects.
- Macroeconomics, growth, and development: including macro policy, public finance, growth, employment and poverty, and quantitative analysis.
- International development finance: including aid, blended finance, multilateral finance, and development effectiveness.
- Globalisation and integration: including trade and investment policy, supply chains, digital, climate, and/or modelling.
- Geoeconomics and economic security: including supply chain resilience, infrastructure, governance, and digital/energy/food/health security.
About the positions
Under the guidance of the Institute’s lead economist, the Research Fellows will be expected to drive the Institute’s work within their areas of expertise. They will lead policy research projects as well as contribute as members within a collaborative and multidisciplinary team. In addition to producing original high impact research, the Research Fellows will also produce regular analysis and commentary on key policy issues and engage in outreach activities including events, podcasts, and media. Travel for research, events, and stakeholder engagement will also be involved.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong capacity to produce original research, insights, and policy ideas grounded in relevant experience in research, international development, government/policy, and/or industry. Knowledge and familiarity with Indo-Pacific countries and/or the desire to develop this is an advantage. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We are looking to build a strong research team with a mixture of skills and abilities that collectively encompass a range of policy issues, perspectives, geographical knowledge, and both qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities. We are interested to hear from a diversity of high calibre individuals with something unique to offer, who are encouraged to apply or find out more about the positions.
The successful candidates will join the organisation at a level commensurate with experience, and with salary and benefits set accordingly.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. For additional information regarding the role please contact Lowy Institute recruitment via the email above or 02 8238 9000.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].